Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Knox free roms?

    Anybody running a 4.3 Knox free rom?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  2. #2  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,215 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    I don't think CM or SlimBean harbor Knox. It's worth checking out as both are great ROMs.
    Live long and prosper.


    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Anybody running a 4.3 Knox free rom?
    None of the AOSP ROMS have Knox. There's one TW 4.3 without KNOX as well

  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    None of the AOSP ROMS have Knox. There's one TW 4.3 without KNOX as well

    I know that this will sound stupid, but when you hit the lock on the lockscreen, how do you add apps to the circle that comes up? Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    in settings under the lockscreen section there should be a portion that allows you to add apps. Quantum ROM has a slider shortcut section in the lockscreen portion
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    in settings under the lockscreen section there should be a portion that allows you to add apps. Quantum ROM has a slider shortcut section in the lockscreen portion
    I downloaded the SlimDanKang rom(AOSP), and it doesn't have a "lockscreen" section. Titanium doesn't work, even though i believe that i have root. I guess that i just got used to the AOKP rom.

    Update: Got to the lockscreen through "security". Only thing now is that Titanium still says that i don't have root. May try re-installing this rom and see what happens.
    Last edited by grunt0300; 12-09-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quantum 4.3 and 4.4.1 along with a couple of others have the lockscreen section. I guess others are different
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    Quantum 4.3 and 4.4.1 along with a couple of others have the lockscreen section. I guess others are different
    I re-installed the Slim rom, and now i have root and everything works. Guess i'll keep this for a while, and then try KitKat. Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    I re-installed the Slim rom, and now i have root and everything works. Guess i'll keep this for a while, and then try KitKat. Thanks.
    Loving Quantum's 4.4.1 Kit Kat
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    Loving Quantum's 4.4.1 Kit Kat
    Does that rom have an LED section, for color and blink rate?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    I was using beanstalk rom on 4.3 now i am using cm11 4.4 no knox on either but has issues with proximity sensor and mobile broadcasts which are annoying but just deleted the mobile broadcasts using titanium

    sent from my note 2 rooted on 4.4 kitkat
    sent from big bad betty the awesome note 2 on 4.3.1 beanstalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffsteve1988 View Post
    I was using beanstalk rom on 4.3 now i am using cm11 4.4 no knox on either but has issues with proximity sensor and mobile broadcasts which are annoying but just deleted the mobile broadcasts using titanium

    sent from my note 2 rooted on 4.4 kitkat
    This is my first time using an AOSP rom, so the set up was a little different. It's running smooth now, with good battery life. (Dan Kang) Slim 4.3.1 is a nice rom, but i'll be on a 4.4, as soon as the devs get all the bugs out.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quantum's version is stable. I use it as a daily driver
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    Quantum's version is stable. I use it as a daily driver
    Downloading the Quantum v3 zip, but can't find the Gapps.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Downloading the Quantum v3 zip, but can't find the Gapps.
    4.4.1 gapps

  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    4.4.1 gapps

    O.K. I guess the one i'm downloading is marked...Gapps Standard 4.4.1 71.5mbs? That has everything in it? Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    O.K. I guess the one i'm downloading is marked...Gapps Standard 4.4.1 71.5mbs? That has everything in it? Thanks.
    As far as I know. It's what I'm using. You will have to find Hangouts and load it if that's the SMS tool you use.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    As far as I know. It's what I'm using. You will have to find Hangouts and load it if that's the SMS tool you use.
    Hangouts blows. Too much info, going out to too many people. I use GoSms Pro. Thanks again for all the help.
    P.S. I've got the new rom+gapps on my sd card. I'll be trying it real soon.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Hangouts blows. Too much info, going out to too many people. I use GoSms Pro. Thanks again for all the help.
    P.S. I've got the new rom+gapps on my sd card. I'll be trying it real soon.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    This is an AOSP rom, so i'm assuming that i have to do the pre-recovery ritual. First i go into the 4.3.1 rom that's on the phone now, and change the root access settings from "apps and adb", to adb only. Then download new rom, tap on "build number" to gain dev. ops., and change "adb only" back to "apps and adb". This will give me root access, as Superuser/and or Titanium Backup will grant root permission to the apps that require it. Have i got it right? Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    This is an AOSP rom, so i'm assuming that i have to do the pre-recovery ritual. First i go into the 4.3.1 rom that's on the phone now, and change the root access settings from "apps and adb", to adb only. Then download new rom, tap on "build number" to gain dev. ops., and change "adb only" back to "apps and adb". This will give me root access, as Superuser/and or Titanium Backup will grant root permission to the apps that require it. Have i got it right? Thanks.
    I have never had to do any of that. I have flashed TW, MUI, AOSP, AOKP and other Roms as well and have never gone through that procedure.

    All I do is make a nandroid, back up my messages and phone log using Helium, do a clean wipe, flash the ROM I want and restore my messages. All of my apps normally reload once I am signed into Google.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    I have never had to do any of that. I have flashed TW, MUI, AOSP, AOKP and other Roms as well and have never gone through that procedure.

    All I do is make a nandroid, back up my messages and phone log using Helium, do a clean wipe, flash the ROM I want and restore my messages. All of my apps normally reload once I am signed into Google.
    O.K. Evrything went in nice and smooth, but first i had to update my SU app. Beautiful rom, but i have a few questions. 1-How do i get rid of the clock on the right hand side of the status bar? 2-How do i add different wallpaper to the lockscreen? Also, neither of the stock keyboards give me the option for other languages. Do you use a different keyboard? Once again, many thanks for all your help, and i'm sorry for all the questions(this is only my third rom install).
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Knox free roms?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    O.K. Evrything went in nice and smooth, but first i had to update my SU app. Beautiful rom, but i have a few questions. 1-How do i get rid of the clock on the right hand side of the status bar? 2-How do i add different wallpaper to the lockscreen? Also, neither of the stock keyboards give me the option for other languages. Do you use a different keyboard? Once again, many thanks for all your help, and i'm sorry for all the questions(this is only my third rom install).
    As of now you can't get rid of the clock. That change is supposed to be coming soon. As for wallpaper it depends on the launcher. If you are using the Google launcher then hit the normal settings button to the left of the home button and you'll see the wallpaper icon. Any other launcher you may use its the same as it always is. As for the keyboard I use swiftkey so it has other language options.

    Hope this helps

    Hope this helps.

    The XDA forum for Quantum is great as well. Lots of info and very few arrogant jerks
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Removing KNOX after JellyBean update
    By pedropan in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOX
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:34 PM
  2. Touchwiz ROM.
    By angelisawesome in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S II
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 10:39 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM
  4. Fresh - Free Android game
    By lili Game in forum Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 08:36 AM
  5. Decagon - Free Android game
    By lili Game in forum Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

B