1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM Installer & KNOX?

Friend of mine is wanting to root his (Virgin) S3 via the CM Installer program. He's new and I'm newer and not seasoned enough to offer him a ton of help should something go wrong. My question is has any tested or ran the CM Installer on the newest 4.3 w/ KNOX? When I did my S3 I wasn't on 4.3. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Addicted to phones, cameras and all things Radio Controlled!!!

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM Installer & KNOX?

From what I understand, Knox is doing a wonderful job at throwing off many attempts to root and customize.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

People have successfully rooted 4.3, and installed custom recoveries. And, I think. installed custom ROMs. At least on the Sprint version. The same techniques should work on a Virgin S3, but I don't know if anyone has done it yet.

A couple of cautions: (1)Rooting WILL trip the warranty bit in Knox. Unlike the flash counter, there is no way to reset it, and probably never will be. This won't affect functionality, but you won't be able to go back to stck and pretend you never rooted.

(2) Don't ever try to use Odin to go back to a pre-4.3 ROM. It WILL hard brick your phone.

For procedures that have worked for Sprint phones, see the thread below. I do not know whether these will work on a Virgin Mobile phone, nor whether they might cause problems or even brick your phone. I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. You are completely and solely responsible for anything you chose to do to your phone.

Possible method to root 4.3

Edit: One person reports rooting a Virgin S3 on 4.3. You might want to PM tem to see how thsy did it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post3311754
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys. Knox essentially sucks... My make it so difficult

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Addicted to phones, cameras and all things Radio Controlled!!!