Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Youmans
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Custom Rom 4.3 - Getting rid of knox?

HELLO EVERYONE,

Little Story....Today was my lucky day. It started with me updating my Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint) to 4.3, not knowing about Knox and bloatware on it. After finding that out, I was looking through every forum and every YouTube video to either get rid of Knox or downgrade my ROM. Unfortunately I was too late, but then something happened. My USB port stop working, so I could not charge my phone anymore. I end up taking it into the Sprint store and getting a replacement with 4.1.2. Thank God.

Now I have 4.3 cooking up in my Android Kitchen, but I am bit confused at what I am looking for. I have noticed that Knox is well integrated into 4.3. Any suggestions? Comments? Please reply down below or PM me.

Thanks,
    Robin Hood
    SeanMGonzalez likes this.

Default Re: Custom Rom 4.3 - Getting rid of knox?

So just what is it you want to do? If you want to get 4.3 without the OTA / Knox, you'll need to root first

You might want to look at these threads on XDA:

PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Robert Youmans likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Youmans View Post
    HELLO EVERYONE,

Little Story....Today was my lucky day. It started with me updating my Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint) to 4.3, not knowing about Knox and bloatware on it. After finding that out, I was looking through every forum and every YouTube video to either get rid of Knox or downgrade my ROM. Unfortunately I was too late, but then something happened. My USB port stop working, so I could not charge my phone anymore. I end up taking it into the Sprint store and getting a replacement with 4.1.2. Thank God.

Now I have 4.3 cooking up in my Android Kitchen, but I am bit confused at what I am looking for. I have noticed that Knox is well integrated into 4.3. Any suggestions? Comments? Please reply down below or PM me.

Thanks,
    Robin Hood
    I'll take this time to ask what is "cooking in the kitchen"?

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No..No. I have the GS3 already rooted. I was able to grab 4.3 stock ROM and I want to get rid of knox bootloader from it. Then I want to customize it even more with rooting it, and other awesome things. I just need some help with Knox!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by johnathin15noob View Post
    I'll take this time to ask what is "cooking in the kitchen"?

Posted via Android Central App
    Basically saying I have been working with Android Kitchen and 4.3, decoding and creating awesome things on it, but knox bootloader, and other apps on it..I am trying to figure a way to remove it from the ROM itself.

For that, I would suggest going to the developers forums on xda. That community is much more knowledgeable about such things.

The bootloader is part of the Kernel, not the ROM. But as of now, if the bootloader has already been installed, I don't think anyone has figured out a way to remove or modify it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3