Samsung KNOX related Questions

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I am new to this site, so I dont know if I am in the right forum section, but I do have some KNOX related questions. If there is by any chance a KNOX Forum area, then please let me know or move this thread there.
Is there a way to install KNOX from a standlone installer in case one does not have access to WiFi internet in order to download KNOX?
So is there a way to use a standalone Android APK KNOX files in case I have to reset my phone and re-install KNOX if I do not have any Internet?
In other words, is it possible to re-install KNOX without re-downloading it?

I have the KNOX Personal Edition.

My second question is this:

I just read in this article that files within the kNOX container or environment are encrypted.
So does this mean that I do not have to encrypt my whole entire device if I just installed KNOX?
The only thing I encrypted is the external SD card. Thats about it.
Is KNOX adequate enough?
I have the personal version.

So in other words, if I have kNOX, I dont have to use the built-in encryption to encrypt my device?
Understanding Samsung Knox -Kaspersky Daily | We use words to save the world | Kaspersky Lab Official Blog

QUOTE From Article above >>>> Beyond the barrier itself, all files within the container are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher algorithm with a 256-bit key.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I am new to this site, so I dont know if I am in the right forum section, but I do have some KNOX related questions. If there is by any chance a KNOX Forum area, then please let me know or move this thread there.
Is there a way to install KNOX from a standlone installer in case one does not have access to WiFi internet in order to download KNOX?
So is there a way to use a standalone Android APK KNOX files in case I have to reset my phone and re-install KNOX if I do not have any Internet?
In other words, is it possible to re-install KNOX without re-downloading it?

I have the KNOX Personal Edition.

My second question is this:

I just read in this article that files within the kNOX container or environment are encrypted.
So does this mean that I do not have to encrypt my whole entire device if I just installed KNOX?
The only thing I encrypted is the external SD card. Thats about it.
Is KNOX adequate enough?
I have the personal version.

So in other words, if I have kNOX, I dont have to use the built-in encryption to encrypt my device?
Understanding Samsung Knox -Kaspersky Daily | We use words to save the world | Kaspersky Lab Official Blog

QUOTE From Article above >>>> Beyond the barrier itself, all files within the container are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher algorithm with a 256-bit key.

Welcome to the forums. No worries about where you posted this as there really is no Knox section.
As far as I understood, and I may very well be wrong, Knox is integrated into the ROM as well as an App. Knox adds a layer of security for cell phones. As I do not have a newer Samsung device, I cannot answer more than that.
However, I did find this: https://www.samsungknox.com/en

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!!!! for the quick response

I know already what KNOX does and its features. And I already downloaded the Whitepaper for it. Looks great!!!

However, lets say that I had to reset my phone to its Factory Defaults, so after that, ***in case*** I dont have access to Internet or WiFi, is there any way to install it from like an APK file or a standalone KNOX installer so I can just install KNOX without re-downloading it again?

Now, I also have Airdroid installed on my phone and I can perhaps look there. But I heard that once KNOX is downloaded and already installed, the KNOX installation files are spread out deep into the Android OS....So its kind of hard to pinpoint the actual standalone KNOX installer that can install KNOX without re-downloading KNOX again.

It would be great that I had a backup of a standalone KNOX APK installation file on my USB stick.
So whenever I do not have Internet access on my phone, I can just install it using an APK file.

If someone knows how to do this, then I would appreciate this.

Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam