Sprint Galaxy S3: Possible Knox Fix for CF-Autoroot

jamal3817

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What up everybody i'm jamal and new to the forum.

But think i possibly found a solution to the KNOX problem (Worked for me atleast)

Follow these steps

1) goto your settings , more , and than app manager

2) scroll over to ALL tab , click on superuser which would bring up settings. Click turn off

3) open up a explorer app ( i believe any file explorer app would work ) but i used --> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.speedsoftware.explorer&token=YT_QgiDz

4) NOW the important step.. in the explorer go to your root. Not your sd card data or external card data. Your Root.

5) Once your in the root look for a folder named SYSTEM . from there open the folder APP.

6) Now scroll down untill you see superuser.apk . Click it and install

7) open superuser its going to ask do you want remove KNOX (dont know the exact wording) . Click yes

BINGO Your Rooted...
I ran root checker to verify it and rooted apps working fine.

To anyone missing superuser.apk i can provide it for you just PM me or ill just simply post it here for yall

Let me know if this method worked for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

RookieAv8r

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I looked in my root/system/applications and superuser.apk is not there.

What up everybody i'm jamal and new to the forum.

But think i possibly found a solution to the KNOX problem (Worked for me atleast)

Follow these steps

1) goto your settings , more , and than app manager

2) scroll over to ALL tab , click on superuser which would bring up settings. Click turn off

3) open up a explorer app ( i believe any file explorer app would work ) but i used --> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.speedsoftware.explorer&token=7lrZohrl

4) NOW the important step.. in the explorer go to your root. Not your sd card data or external card data. Your Root.

5) Once your in the root look for a folder named SYSTEM . from there open the folder APP.

6) Now scroll down untill you see superuser.apk . Click it and install

7) open superuser its going to ask do you want remove KNOX (dont know the exact wording) . Click yes

BINGO Your Rooted...
I ran root checker to verify it and rooted apps working fine.

To anyone missing superuser.apk i can provide it for you just PM me or ill just simply post it here for yall

Let me know if this method worked for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on the At&T network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance