Knox: Prevention Information: Stopped unauthorized attempt

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I get a notification (I think it happens when I turn on wifi mostly) that "PREVENTION INFORMATION: An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system information in your device. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check Now? Click OK or do not show for 30 days".

If I press the notification, then app info, I see it is KNOX , which I believe is samsung security softare.

How do I get rid of it?

What's going on? This pretty much happened right away when I got my phone 2 days ago (even before loading lots of apps).

Thanks,
Mike

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I get a notification (I think it happens when I turn on wifi mostly) that "PREVENTION INFORMATION: An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system information in your device. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check Now? Click OK or do not show for 30 days".

If I press the notification, then app info, I see it is KNOX , which I believe is samsung security softare.

How do I get rid of it?

What's going on? This pretty much happened right away when I got my phone 2 days ago (even before loading lots of apps).

Thanks,
Mike

there has been many threads on the subject.....have you read those?......Is your wifi secure????....although I have no problem connecting with an unsecured wi-fi...maybe a glitch with knox software......Have you set-up Knox yet??

you can delete knox app...by setting it up>knox menu>about knox>uninstall

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did so some searching, but I didn't get that it can be uninstalled.

I'm using WPA2 with a password on my apple airport extreme router. I'd think that's secure.

What do you think: should I uninstall it?

Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
After watching this 5 minute video describing knox, I decided I don't want it.
However, don't see a "knox" app to lauch so I can go to help and uninstall it.

I wonder if it's because I never signed up with a samsung account?

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
After watching this 5 minute video describing knox, I decided I don't want it.
However, don't see a "knox" app to lauch so I can go to help and uninstall it.

I wonder if it's because I never signed up with a samsung account?

no, I'm not signed in with samung either and I never had problem with the prevention information.....so you're saying you don't have the Samsung knox app on your phone???????

At first, I thought like you deciding not to want it so I deleted it....later reading a post in the community I re-installed it and this is where I go when I do my banking using the browser and adding a bookmark on the screen ..it like a phone into a phone. A closed phone so it is not showing in your history of the phone when you are out of knox...

Last edited:

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the knox app on my ATT note 3

if you have not put too many apps yet .....try to do a reset....if not work......type in search from forum "prevention information" it has been discuss a lot 2 months back...........you can download the knox app from the store....

I would try that downloading the knox app....install it....then uninstall to see if it would make a difference......................

or exchange it until one work

Last edited:

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but I've spent a lot of time configuring it.

Maybe I'll wait till KitKat, and then maybe do a factory reset if it remains a problem.

I turned off google location services today. I can't wait to see if that translates to better battery life.

Mike

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
For many, including myself, uninstalling the free LOOKOUT security software was the answer to this issue. There is a preinstalled version of LOOKOUT that you can't disable or uninstall, but that is not the issue. It is the free upgrade to LOOKOUT that has been causing the issue which gives you the KNOX warning. You may wish to check and see if this is your problem.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
For many, including myself, uninstalling the free LOOKOUT security software was the answer to this issue. There is a preinstalled version of LOOKOUT that you can't disable or uninstall, but that is not the issue. It is the free upgrade to LOOKOUT that has been causing the issue which gives you the KNOX warning. You may wish to check and see if this is your problem.

this is why I never had that problem with my phone as I never had look out pre-install....tho, I did install AVG and it never did interfere with the knox app or software

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks @BEH . The only app I disabled immediately was lookout. I just re-enabled it, and am downloading the latest version.
You might be on to something here !!

Thanks!

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781