Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NO KNOX app on ATT Note 3!

I don't see KNOX listed in the app drawer I do see samsung apps (but that's not it).

Are these international instructions or something: ?
    How do I Remove or Uninstall KNOX™ Personal on my Samsung Galaxy Note® 3? : T-Mobile Cell Phones | Samsung

Ultimately, I want to uninstall it (I know, why am I asking to install it)?

It is consuming CPU, and was initially complaining about my wifi.

I believe I can uninstall it from the help menu or something, but first things first, I need to open the app!

Any clues would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: NO KNOX app on ATT Note 3!

I also don't see the app listed but knox is a default app which cant be uninstalled..that option is disabled in settings

Posted via Android Central App

Knox covers a few things that are specific to Samsung security. There is the Knox personal app that doesn't come pre installed and then there is the KNOX Enterprise stuff that you can't do much about. Since ATT doesn't provide the stub to install the KNOX personal version you must be having issues with the KNOX Enterprise stuff. Only way to get rid of that would be to root your phone and load a custom rom.

My question would be do you work for a company and have this phone attached to that companies servers. If so there is a good chance they may be using KNOX to manage your phone. In which case they probably wouldn't be happen about you preventing management access to ensure security.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No, I got the phone Sunday and had a KNOX objection to my wifi that day. I'm actually in IT where I work. We are straight up activesync exchange 2007 - nothing fancy. This is my personal phone .

Thx
    Mike

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by pcguys View Post
    I don't see KNOX listed in the app drawer I do see samsung apps (but that's not it).

Are these international instructions or something: ?
    How do I Remove or Uninstall KNOX™ Personal on my Samsung Galaxy Note® 3? : T-Mobile Cell Phones | Samsung

Ultimately, I want to uninstall it (I know, why am I asking to install it)?

It is consuming CPU, and was initially complaining about my wifi.

I believe I can uninstall it from the help menu or something, but first things first, I need to open the app!

Any clues would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike
    The Knox app can't be removed without root, and even then, it's still in the bootloader. I don't know of a way to completely remove it, but if all you need to do is remove the app, you can root your N3 and use Titanium Backup

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

i don't have KNOX in my note 3, Why? and hoe i get that