- 03-16-2014, 09:06 AM #2
Knox is a security protocol, that should already be installed on your device. According to Samsung it makes your device more secure by addressing security gaps in Android, by protecting your network from hacks, malware, viruses, and unauthorized access.
That is the official statement from Samsung.
However, with a little caution, most of this can be avoided with common sense, and good practices.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- 03-16-2014, 03:41 PM #4
- 03-16-2014, 03:53 PM #5
Knox is two things. In that I mean there is Knox Enterprise and then Knox Personal.
Knox Enterprise for business management of the device with Knox enterprise management software from Samsung. Your company would pay a license to use Samsung's security and management software across its enterprise. It is preloaded on every handset.
Then there is Knox Personal which is installable as a app on some of the newer phones like the Note 3. The best way to explain Knox Personal is a phone inside a phone. Basically it allows you b to create a secure virtual phone inside your normal phone that can be used for sensitive data or to seperate your personal stuff from work again. It doesn't require your company to use the Knox Enterprise management software, nor does it require you to give up rights to your personal phone to your work if the enforce policies via other means with android.
Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
- By jenpossy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 16Last Post: 10-14-2016, 10:09 AM
- By mod101 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 02-18-2015, 05:32 PM
- By deevegas in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 03-20-2014, 06:20 PM
- By Green_Laser in forum Moto 360Replies: 5Last Post: 03-19-2014, 01:48 PM
- By rudy1004main in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2014, 12:07 PM