Samsung KNOX on Galaxy Note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: KNOX

Knox is a security protocol, that should already be installed on your device. According to Samsung it makes your device more secure by addressing security gaps in Android, by protecting your network from hacks, malware, viruses, and unauthorized access.
That is the official statement from Samsung.

However, with a little caution, most of this can be avoided with common sense, and good practices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Knox is a security protocol, that should already be installed on your device. According to Samsung it makes your device more secure by addressing security gaps in Android, by protecting your network from hacks, malware, viruses, and unauthorized access.
That is the official statement from Samsung.

However, with a little caution, most of this can be avoided with common sense, and good practices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

So should I install it?

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Knox is two things. In that I mean there is Knox Enterprise and then Knox Personal.

Knox Enterprise for business management of the device with Knox enterprise management software from Samsung. Your company would pay a license to use Samsung's security and management software across its enterprise. It is preloaded on every handset.

Then there is Knox Personal which is installable as a app on some of the newer phones like the Note 3. The best way to explain Knox Personal is a phone inside a phone. Basically it allows you b to create a secure virtual phone inside your normal phone that can be used for sensitive data or to seperate your personal stuff from work again. It doesn't require your company to use the Knox Enterprise management software, nor does it require you to give up rights to your personal phone to your work if the enforce policies via other means with android.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Knox is two things. In that I mean there is Knox Enterprise and then Knox Personal.

Knox Enterprise for business management of the device with Knox enterprise management software from Samsung. Your company would pay a license to use Samsung's security and management software across its enterprise. It is preloaded on every handset.

Then there is Knox Personal which is installable as a app on some of the newer phones like the Note 3. The best way to explain Knox Personal is a phone inside a phone. Basically it allows you b to create a secure virtual phone inside your normal phone that can be used for sensitive data or to seperate your personal stuff from work again. It doesn't require your company to use the Knox Enterprise management software, nor does it require you to give up rights to your personal phone to your work if the enforce policies via other means with android.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Thanks for your reply and I will not downloading it since I don't need it. Anyway any idea how to fix my phone? It keeps vibrating after I updated it to kitkat 4.4.2 now when I scroll down the notification bar it doesn't show up nothing. Any idea how to remove it?

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3