No front LED indicator?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've heard from some users that the phone lacks a front LED indicator. Is this true? If so, I find that very strange since this phone is basically a carbon copy of the Samsung Epic that Sprint got last year. That model did have a front indicator LED.

Morfie

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That is correct, no LED indicator.

There is, however an app called NoLED which simulates the effect quite accurately. Really saved the day for me, check it out!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is also a hack in some other Samsung phones where notifications was re-routed to using the softkey backlight.

It's called BLN, and requires a kernel that supports it. The Epic4g was the only GalaxyS with a notification light

I would also like to point out that the Stratosphere is notably different from the Epic4g both in terms of the actual hardware and chips used. Granted, the form factor and "basic" specs of processor speed and ram are the same, but that's about where it ends.

KnightCrusader

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It's called BLN, and requires a kernel that supports it. The Epic4g was the only GalaxyS with a notification light

I would also like to point out that the Stratosphere is notably different from the Epic4g both in terms of the actual hardware and chips used. Granted, the form factor and "basic" specs of processor speed and ram are the same, but that's about where it ends.

Yeah, I am looking at what it would take to get BLN baked into the Strat kernel for the LED lovers.

At first I was comparing the Strat to the Epic, but I've come to find out after working on the kernel that the Strat is the closest to the Charge than any other GS phone.

eddard

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I really like NoLed myself. It took me a little experimenting to get it set up like I wanted it but it's well worth it.