I've heard from some users that the phone lacks a front LED indicator. Is this true? If so, I find that very strange since this phone is basically a carbon copy of the Samsung Epic that Sprint got last year. That model did have a front indicator LED.
    10-24-2011 12:04 PM
    When they updated the front cam they removed the front LED.
    10-24-2011 01:01 PM
    That is correct, no LED indicator.

There is, however an app called NoLED which simulates the effect quite accurately. Really saved the day for me, check it out!
    10-25-2011 03:22 PM
    There is also a hack in some other Samsung phones where notifications was re-routed to using the softkey backlight.
    10-25-2011 03:39 PM
    NoLED is great...wife and i both have it on our Galaxy S phones.
    10-25-2011 07:41 PM
    There is also a hack in some other Samsung phones where notifications was re-routed to using the softkey backlight.
    It's called BLN, and requires a kernel that supports it. The Epic4g was the only GalaxyS with a notification light

I would also like to point out that the Stratosphere is notably different from the Epic4g both in terms of the actual hardware and chips used. Granted, the form factor and "basic" specs of processor speed and ram are the same, but that's about where it ends.
    10-26-2011 06:33 AM
    It's called BLN, and requires a kernel that supports it. The Epic4g was the only GalaxyS with a notification light

I would also like to point out that the Stratosphere is notably different from the Epic4g both in terms of the actual hardware and chips used. Granted, the form factor and "basic" specs of processor speed and ram are the same, but that's about where it ends.
    Yeah, I am looking at what it would take to get BLN baked into the Strat kernel for the LED lovers.

At first I was comparing the Strat to the Epic, but I've come to find out after working on the kernel that the Strat is the closest to the Charge than any other GS phone.
    10-26-2011 08:06 AM
    Thanks for this thread, I just downloaded NoLED.
    02-02-2012 08:28 PM
    I really like NoLed myself. It took me a little experimenting to get it set up like I wanted it but it's well worth it.
    02-03-2012 01:57 PM
    NoLED is great...wife and i both have it on our Galaxy S phones.
    I just saw this and got it for my wife, only thing she was missing from her D2. She setting it up now. She's happy, gotta love Android.
    02-04-2012 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD