Password Help?...

HalfMartian

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Last night I drove down to Nashville, TN to a club.

After the club I found a phone in the bathroom. I waited by it for like 15 minutes and no one came. The club was completely empty when I left. So I picked it up, left with it. I thought about turning it into the bartender, but I felt uneasy about it. It was dead when I got home so I let it charge all night. This morning I was going to try to call around on the phone and see if I could find the person it belongs to. It's locked. It's also been on all day and no one has called the phone. I was going to take it to Verizon, but the closest retail store is an hour away from me.

Are there any options to get into the phone without the password? This person has it set with a numeric password.

PS - I don't want this phone. I just ordered a Droid Razr and expect it next week sometime after the release date. Plus, it has a SIM card so I couldn't do crap with it anyways...

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Last night I drove down to Nashville, TN to a club.

After the club I found a phone in the bathroom. I waited by it for like 15 minutes and no one came. The club was completely empty when I left. So I picked it up, left with it. I thought about turning it into the bartender, but I felt uneasy about it. It was dead when I got home so I let it charge all night. This morning I was going to try to call around on the phone and see if I could find the person it belongs to. It's locked. It's also been on all day and no one has called the phone. I was going to take it to Verizon, but the closest retail store is an hour away from me.

Are there any options to get into the phone without the password? This person has it set with a numeric password.

PS - I don't want this phone. I just ordered a Droid Razr and expect it next week sometime after the release date. Plus, it has a SIM card so I couldn't do crap with it anyways...

None that I can know of. You're best bet would be to take it to a Verizon store, or perhaps call customer care.

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, just run it to a Verizon store. They'll run the numbers under the battery and give the owner a call. The longer you wait the better chance it'll be reported stolen and you'll be stuck with an expensive web browser.

waxmycarrot

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I have no moral values.. I will answer this question for you. Although, as stated it will most likely be reported lost or stolen and unusable. By the way you will not be able to access anything on the phone. This will wipe it clean.. but it is the only way to regain control over it.

First off remove your SD Card.

Hard reset holding Volume + , Volume - and Power Button at the same time. On boot option screen press Volume - and highlight Wipe/Factory Reset and press the Home button. If you get the Confirm Password screen just enter the password wrong 5x. It will then warn you that everything will be deleted from SD Card. Click OK and it will warn you a second time. Click OK again and it should now Erase your phone. Highlight Reboot and click Home button. You should now have a accessible reset phone.