Any custom roms avalible for this yet?

kitex2

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
been looking around and seen none, i dono that since the epic got gingerbread they would essential be the same phone? and was unsure if any of those roms would work (preferable one that supports tethering)

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No customs yet. This is a fairly new phone. Also, custom ROM's for VZW Galaxy S phones are hard due to the LTE radios not being cracked yet. We have to use the stock kernel.

greenless

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody themed it yet? I've been using a DX with CM7 and the ICS theme, and I love it. I just bought a Strat today, so I'm hoping to replicate the ICS UI on here.

MofoMan2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
No ROMs yet, the LTE radio is very hard to code for, for some reason. They'll get it though.

Here's hoping for CM9. It'll happen eventually.

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to code for because it's proprietary. That means in order to make 4G work we'd have to break the law and reverse engineer Samsung's property.

skategeezer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No roms until we get a working cwm recovery. We have a dev from the epic community working on this. Roms are similar but cwm recovery from epic will brick your phone as the phones are diff enough in that respect. Be patient as well will some love in time.

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Charge devs were working on that too. Also, I believe we can use Odin/Heimdall to flash ROM's and kernels, we just can't make full nandroid backups without a recovery I believe.

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There's not really any work being done. The only guy we had working on it got busy at work and hasn't been seen for a few weeks.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
A two year contract costs about $1700. Just buying the phone is much cheaper :).

I never really understood this mentality. It only makes sense if you are getting you're service for cheaper off contract. If you're not, the argument has no grounds.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I never really understood this mentality. It only makes sense if you are getting you're service for cheaper off contract. If you're not, the argument has no grounds.
The point im making is that the charge dev in question probably already has service. They would not be interested in getting a free stratosphere with a 2yr contract because it would not be free to them. Even if they were not already on contract they would have to give up getting a discount on whatever phone they really want. We are buying them the charge in order for them to help us without costing them anything. If a stratosphere is what they really want then I guess they benefit more :).

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The point im making is that the charge dev in question probably already has service. They would not be interested in getting a free stratosphere with a 2yr contract because it would not be free to them. Even if they were not already on contract they would have to give up getting a discount on whatever phone they want. We are buying them the charge in order for them to help us without costing them anything.

Gotcha. I apologize, I obviously didn't read back far enough in the post to realize there was more to what you were saying and just took the one sentence by itself.

MofoMan2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Buying it outright probably costs about $550 whereas you can get it free on contract then break it after 30 days and pay about a $350 ETF. Or does Verizon have safeguards against that kind of shenanigans? (probably)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke