1. lovinlifenc's Avatar
    I have my stratosphere set up as a hotspot through verizon wireless. On my desktop computer I cannot get to any google websites when surfing through the wifi hotspot on my stratosphere. When i connect and tether via usb, I have no problem accessing google sites.

    This is a major problem since most websites have some type of google ad services and my computer refuses to communicate with the google servers when going through the wifi hotspot.

    I regularly use this computer on other wifi connections without any issues and I have no issues when tethered to the Stratosphere via USB.
    11-20-2011 09:33 AM
  2. idesofmarch's Avatar
    Anyone? Im having the same problem with my verizon lte hotspot device
    11-23-2011 08:35 PM
  3. Dubbman's Avatar
    I say take it in. You're paying for the service, they have to remedy this.
    11-23-2011 11:19 PM
  4. lovinlifenc's Avatar
    It is working now! I was able to resolve the issue by setting the optimal mtu size on my windows xp machine. While connected to my stratosphere hotspot, I used the following webpage to determine what the optimal mtu setting should be.

    How do I find my optimum MTU setting? AT&T Southeast Forum FAQ | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

    I then used the following instructions to set the mtu setting for my wifi adapter on my pc..

    How to manually set the MTU size in Windows XP 2003 2000 Vista | Windows Reference

    Good luck!
    vertigyn likes this.
    11-24-2011 04:41 PM
  5. vertigyn's Avatar
    Thank you so much! I just recently received my Verizon Samsung Stratosphere (company issue) and was getting awfully frustrated with it as a HotSpot. I was missing my old 3G Sprint Mifi!

    Thank you for finding and posting how you were able to solve the issue! So far it seems to be working wonderfully!

    I ended up dropping the MTU to 1428 and it all seems to be good to go now.
    02-08-2012 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD