1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Surfing google through wifi hotspot

I have my stratosphere set up as a hotspot through verizon wireless. On my desktop computer I cannot get to any google websites when surfing through the wifi hotspot on my stratosphere. When i connect and tether via usb, I have no problem accessing google sites.

This is a major problem since most websites have some type of google ad services and my computer refuses to communicate with the google servers when going through the wifi hotspot.

I regularly use this computer on other wifi connections without any issues and I have no issues when tethered to the Stratosphere via USB.

Default Re: Surfing google through wifi hotspot

Anyone? Im having the same problem with my verizon lte hotspot device

I say take it in. You're paying for the service, they have to remedy this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It is working now! I was able to resolve the issue by setting the optimal mtu size on my windows xp machine. While connected to my stratosphere hotspot, I used the following webpage to determine what the optimal mtu setting should be.

I then used the following instructions to set the mtu setting for my wifi adapter on my pc..

Good luck!
    Last edited by lovinlifenc; 11-24-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Thanked by:

Thank you so much! I just recently received my Verizon Samsung Stratosphere (company issue) and was getting awfully frustrated with it as a HotSpot. I was missing my old 3G Sprint Mifi!

Thank you for finding and posting how you were able to solve the issue! So far it seems to be working wonderfully!

I ended up dropping the MTU to 1428 and it all seems to be good to go now.