Tweaked v2.1

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: TweakStock v1.0

Not sure if any around here tried this out or not, but I figured I'd drop a line saying TweakStock has been updated - v1.4. Check it out!

Reactions: anon(94115)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

WOW!!!! I only stop in here once a week since I havent seen a ton of development for the strat. Imagine how I feel now that tweakstock is here.

I am a huge fan of your stuff over in the Charge forums (my phone) and now I get to play with it on the strat (wifes phone).

I am going to pry it out her grubby hands right now an play....I will report back once I get this on for awhile. I am sure that is going to be as great as the Charge version

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

WOW!!!! I only stop in here once a week since I havent seen a ton of development for the strat. Imagine how I feel now that tweakstock is here.

I am a huge fan of your stuff over in the Charge forums (my phone) and now I get to play with it on the strat (wifes phone).

I am going to pry it out her grubby hands right now an play....I will report back once I get this on for awhile. I am sure that is going to be as great as the Charge version

Please do report back - feedback has been comparatively sparse, though technically any I get from the charge ends up getting wrapped up in this one as well. I thought this was going to be it for a bit, but I've already hammered out one or two extra things since 1.4... I'll have to come up with a few more than make another update I suppose!

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Well great work on the rom. It made the phone ten times better then stock. I've recently tried to flash the tweak kernal and pretty much competly half assed it and well did a battary pull in down load mode. So no I got the samsung death screen haha. So I now have the droid 3. I pretty much jacked the thread but I am in now way trying to blame anyone to be clear. But I do have a bricked phone and if u or a dev. U might no would want a bricked strat to work on I am willing to donate to the cause. Uness I don't no how to search and the is allready a unbrick method haha but I lloked around a while. Sry for jacking thread and thanks for ur work

KnightCrusader

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

What is a Samsung death screen? If you still see the Samsung logo, or a message about a failed download or flash, then you aren't bricked.

Let us know what you see when you power it on and we can help you from there.

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
What is a Samsung death screen? If you still see the Samsung logo, or a message about a failed download or flash, then you aren't bricked.

Ok sweet Haha. Well I turn on the phone and a screen with phone to pc symbols and says failed to download firmware

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

So I have had this one on and the update (we are up to 1.4 now right?) for over a week.

At first my wife was a bit pissy about me taking her phone and doing to it what I do to mine. She got over it pretty quick though.

This is running as well as my Charge is, if not better. If you are looking to customize your strat, this is the way to go.

Thanks for the hardwork that went into this and the the Charge, I hope that we will see more as time goes by!

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Just rooted my wife's phone and installed this (very easy, thanks for all your hard work everyone involved!).

I will report back after playing with it, and also let you know what my wife thinks ;)

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: TweakStock v1.4

So after a couple of days of use here is what I have to say about this ROM.

It is fast, clean (no more bloat!) and man does that battery last!

The scrollable, quick toggle widgets in the app tray are the best and should be apart of every build of Android...

My wife doesn't like the "screen door" lock screen, but preferred the original puzzle one. Actually this one doesn't matter much, cause I prefer this one instead so she just has to get used to it ;P

Thanks again Dwitherell, if we run into any bugs, I will be sure to let you know!

redwizard69

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if any around here tried this out or not, but I figured I'd drop a line saying TweakStock has been updated - v1.4. Check it out!

Flashed this in yesterday. So far I am loving it. Quicker, leaner just overall more comfortable. Added my go to app Go Launcher Ex and like it even better. Thanks dwitherell for all the hard work and for all others involved. Had been holding back from flashing but glad I took the plunge. Have flashed tablets in the past but 1st Android phone flash. CWM Recovery is so nice and easy to use. Great Job!

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Hey everyone - there is now a custom rom available for the stratosphere! It's posted at RootzWiki, so check it out!

Well given what some other members have said... I am thinking about giving this a shot.
I am so new to the smarphone stuff though it seems a bit scattered with instructions, I'll have to muster up the time and courage to knock it out haha. Is there a more simplified/ idiot-proof walk through?

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

So yesterday I fixed my stratosphere Haha I entered download mode by holding volume down power and home while putting in the battery the n flashed the boot.bin file from an din at rootzwiki and now its back. But I can't get rid if ny d3. Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm very interested as well... but not confident that I know what I'm doing.

Would love some quick info on the process on rooting and modding the phone.

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update and your hard work dwitherell! tweaked 2.0 is awesome. It runs great on my wife's strat compared to tweak stock 1.4.... Her random reboot issue is gone and the battery life is MUCH better... Seriously, you have made this phone much better and more tolerable despite the fact that it prolly will never see ICS. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dwitherell

smegal1215

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
tried flashing with heimdall, says ERROR: failed to open file "cwm5_recovery. bin" now my phone boots to a screen that says firmware upgrade encountered an error. please try again.
WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1