It's official - No OTA ICS for Stratosphere :/

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know I don't have one anymore but still, it's kind of a slap in the face to all of the people who bought this device last year. Ice Cream Sandwich Coming to Many Verizon Wireless Smartphones

It's frustrating because the Nexus S can run it and it's pretty much the same phone inside save for the wi-max radio. Hopefully you guys will figure out a way to get it onto the Strat.

They haven't announced 3G device availablity yet but the DIinc2 and Rhyme aren't 4G and are confirmed in the same press release, so it looks like I won't be getting an official build no matter which device I owned.

Edit: gah, didn't read the whole thing. They'll update the list as more devices are announced apparently. Sorry!

Last edited:

MofoMan2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Edit: gah, didn't read the whole thing. They'll update the list as more devices are announced apparently. Sorry!

Good God, man, don't DO THAT to me!

Still, I'm a bit pissed at Samsung at this point for the lack of support for this phone. We haven't even gotten an OTA MR update, much less ICS. For a phone released in OCTOBER last year, that's ridiculous. I know it's not the Galaxy S II, but for 's sake they should have made it one.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i said this before about the list....

Really Samsung isnt going to upgrade any of their phones at all? Obviously the list is very incomplete....

MofoMan2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I wish, but they've got their damn "super proprietary and confidential very hush hush" RIL software which we'd need in order to make our own upgrade. I gotta say, for a phone with an unlocked bootloader and that's more than happy to take a custom firmware, this is quite aggravating.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Good God, man, don't DO THAT to me!

Still, I'm a bit pissed at Samsung at this point for the lack of support for this phone. We haven't even gotten an OTA MR update, much less ICS. For a phone released in OCTOBER last year, that's ridiculous. I know it's not the Galaxy S II, but for 's sake they should have made it one.

actually Stratosphere is just Big Red's version of Sprint's Epic 4g, and there will not be any more updates for Epic, so...

sorry but no ics for either of us. yes there is definatelly a huge lack of support from samsung. i was considering upgrading to AT&T Note, but as of right now it seems their Note will not get ICS untill (end of?) Q3 and by that time the internets will be buzzing about Jellybean.

Last edited:

chase2hoop

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Really? It's one of the 2 4G slider phones on Verizon, and it's not getting ICS!?!? I mean, it is a very capable device. Another thing, does this list from Verizon cover all phones that are ever going to be updated to ICS? It could just be a Q1 Update list. If that's the case, We could be getting ICS, just later than everyone else. Fingers, Toes, and Cables crossed! :p