Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Square-up

Has anyone tried the square-up device for swiping credit cards on their Stratoshere? I couldn't get the device to work on my phone, but the square-up company didn't have it on their list of incapatible phones. Just wanted to know if it was my phone, or all Stratospheres.

Default Re: Square-up

Quote Originally Posted by SusanBee View Post
    Has anyone tried the square-up device for swiping credit cards on their Stratoshere? I couldn't get the device to work on my phone, but the square-up company didn't have it on their list of incapatible phones. Just wanted to know if it was my phone, or all Stratospheres.
    Works fine with mine.

My wife has one. (We both have Stratospheres.) She has not any problems that I know of.

Exclamation Re: Square-up

I currently offer Square services for businesses in the Florida, Tampa Bay
    area, if you would like to try it, please contact me at 727-493-4807

The reader does not work on my Stratosphere either. After buying the Stratosphere to use with the reader, I found that the reader does not work with audio out jacks. The service works but not the reader so that is probably why our phone is not on the incompatibility list. I believe we need a headphone jack that accepts audio in. If someone has been successful in using the reader with the Stratosphere please let me know. Thanks Jim

As I said in my earlier post, my wife uses hers quite often. You have to be sure you have the reader pushed firmly into the jack. It will give an audible click when properly seated. She had that problem at first but now works great.

I have been using Square for about a year. You have to make sure you insert firmly, as some times it does'nt seat properly. However the intuit reader will not work with this phone,

Doesn't work with my Stratosphere either. Wish I would have known this before I bought the phone.

ROM
    Stock Un-rooted (for now)

works fine with mine. you REALLY have to push it into the headphone Jack. it will click and the app with display that the device registers the square . i suggest you try again.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I have tried pushing the device firmly into my phone, I'm afraid if I pushed it in any harder something would break. I tried 3 different square-up devices to make sure I didn't have a faulty device. Headphones work just fine. Very frustrating since using a card swiper was the main reason I invested in a smart phone.

Be sure to turn up the volume with this and other audio-based readers; it won't work if left quiet.