1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Default Help for the Sis-in-law

I am a rooted Droid Incredible user so pardon me for being new here. My sis-in-law just traded her enV2 for a Strat and is having some issues with it, and not having the phone in hand to see or play with I am not sure if it is the learning curve for the smart phone or if maybe she is really having issues and needs to have her phone replaced. (I will have the phone in hand on Tuesday)

-When recieving an incoming call she can answer the call but there is no caller there only dead air.
    -When sending a call she will see that the call is sent and that the phone is connected, however again there is just dead air.
    -There are times during a call when the screen unresponsive. When I called her to ask her about he phone the caller id with the puzzle piece did not work, however the puzzle piece was there but the caller id pard was.
    -MMS messages that videos will not play. The timer and status display on the bottom of the screen when it goes to full screen, but no video or audio...just the still image

Also, is there a good 4g toggle widget out there? She doesnt need any planning program, just a simple on/off widget

Thanks for all your help in advance
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Help for the Sis-in-law

OK let me start with this.

I am a big samsung user, just recently moved to HTC. I have had a stratosphere in the house (wife) since it came out. i am the "geek" in the house, whether it comes to phones or computers, if something goes wrong, I hear about it.

On to the topic. I have not heard of the "dead air" that you are talking about. Now I will say that sammy radio's are bad, especially in weak areas. The stat is a decent phone, and it seems as if there is an issue there.

We are in a solid 4G area, and havent had a dropped call or dead call at all. I would say do a reset, or get the phone replaced. If you are up to flashing a ROM, DW did a great ROM for the strat and the charge...I highly recommend it.

The dead-air issues definitely sound like something that she should deal with within the 14-day return period. I have heard of people having call quality and dropped-call issues, but not just dead air. If it's a hardware problem, she should take it back to the store. But once you've had your hands on it, you may locate a different kind of issue.

Regarding the screen being dark during calls, that is a built in feature so that when you are on a call, you don't accidentally touch the very sensitive screen and disconnect the call. As soon as I pull the phone away from my cheek, the screen turns on.