Internet Connection Failures
10-03-2012 09:20 AM
- For the past week or so I've noticed that my internet no longer connects or it will drop the signal. I don't think it has to do with location considering it worked from home for the past quarter year and only recently has had problems.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?
I live in Honolulu, Hawaii, if anyone thinks that might help.
Thank you in advance.07-08-2012 05:16 AM
- Do you notice it happening at particular times of day? For instance, in Atlanta I've long noticed that I get a loss of connection around 8:30 a.m. I'm coming to believe that this may be due to a large number of people starting to use their phones at that time, overloading the network for awhile.
It's not really a fix, but one workaround is to put the phone into Airplane Mode for a moment, then take it back out. This often restores 4G for me. WiFi, if it's available, is another option, of course.07-13-2012 10:27 AM
- My wife & I have both been having this problem. It's like, 4g, nothing, 4g, nothing. We are on Verizion in Winston-Salem, NC. This happens in downtown areas that should have plenty of coverage. She has done some reading online and this appears to be a known problem. I wish Verizion would address it. It's very frustrating.07-15-2012 10:40 AM
- I was having big problems with this over the last couple months. Sometimes my data connection would seem fine for a day or two and sometimes my stratosphere would drop the data literally every 5 or 10 seconds over and over again for several minutes at a time...and this would happen randomly throughout the day. I finally got sick of it and went to a verizon corporate store a couple days ago. My phone started doing the data drop every 10 seconds while I was at the store but I saw that all the 4g phones on the shelf were holding their signal fine. They changed my sim card and after my phone came back on it was a night and day difference. I didn't lose 4g for the rest of the day. Even at work I've been getting nothing but 4g signal and up until that day I would often get some 4g at work and some 3g and sometimes no data at all. It's only been a couple full days but it's without a doubt completely different. Not sure if the sim card was the only thing that made the difference because I also noticed that my PRL number in the phone updated when they changed the sim so it could be that too...or a combination of both. We'll see if it keeps working fine though. So far, I'm very surprised in the change.07-26-2012 12:20 AM
- Well my Stratosphere success was short lived. After about 4 days it started acting up again. I've lost my data connection many times over the last few days...sometimes like before where I'd lose it and reconnect over and over again. I even reset the phone and still am having problems. Looks like I'll have to try to get an early upgrade or something because I'm definitely not putting up with this.07-31-2012 12:40 AM
- Yeah - I have to say - My Strat sucks badly. Too many problems. Now I've done the upgrade and have to factory reset the phone b/c the USB connection errors out. This is my second factory reset in as many months. I typically have to reboot the phone at least twice a week. Of course, I can't talk about it to anyone b/c the only answer I get is - you should just get an iPhone. I don't want an iPhone - I want my Strat to work!10-03-2012 09:20 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Samsung Stratosphere
Internet Connection Failures
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD