Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #26  

    Default

    Still no change, not cool

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First software update coming soon-uploadfromtaptalk1346886271937.jpg   First software update coming soon-uploadfromtaptalk1346886290265.jpg  
  2. #27  

    Default

    Ok for all those having issues, change your date, then follow the instructions and it will work

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  3. #28  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Change the date to. What ? Still no update
  4. #29  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by pitchdarkice View Post
    i tried many different ways involving the google services framework, date changing, doing it mulitple times. finally it works when i forced closed google services framework ,cleared the data and rebooted my phone. when it came up, i checked system updates and there it was, downloading the update...
    I tried this in this exact order, and it worked after a few tries! On both Strats we own!
    Thanks!
  5. #30  

    Default

    Change date to 2013 then clear the Google stuff. Then you will see the update. Not much changed but still ok

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  6. #31  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    All I did was clear the google services a few times, reboot, repeat again if needed. I did that twice and checked my system updates, and it was there.

    One more thing: face unlock requires you to blink. When I blink though, it doesn't recognize my face and makes me blink again.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Yep still working for me. Changed date cleared data, stopped framework... in the order above (yes several times) guess I'll just have to wait till the roll out. Bummer
  8. #33  
    xsky's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Reboots, won't update--Android character with exclamation point

    When I started the update process, it rebooted, and the Android logo and exclamation point stayed on the screen (I eventually held down the power button to reboot)

    The phone is rooted with the following ROM installed:
    EI2-Ti-X Stratosphere:
    (The RHCP kernel was never flashed, and Heimdall Suite (heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32) was used to complete the process)

    I'm relatively new to Droids (coming from Windows Dumbphones). Do I have to reflash an original ROM first?

    DO I REALLY WANT TO UPDATE AT THIS POINT, or wait for a rooted/hacked version of the update to come out?

    I synched contacts with Google, and used Titanium Backup. I hope that's all I need to do before Upgrading or reflashing.
  9. #34  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    813 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

    Default Re: Reboots, won't update--Android character with exclamation poi

    Quote Originally Posted by xsky View Post
    When I started the update process, it rebooted, and the Android logo and exclamation point stayed on the screen (I eventually held down the power button to reboot)

    The phone is rooted with the following ROM installed:
    EI2-Ti-X Stratosphere:
    (The RHCP kernel was never flashed, and Heimdall Suite (heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32) was used to complete the process)

    I'm relatively new to Droids (coming from Windows Dumbphones). Do I have to reflash an original ROM first?

    DO I REALLY WANT TO UPDATE AT THIS POINT, or wait for a rooted/hacked version of the update to come out?

    I synched contacts with Google, and used Titanium Backup. I hope that's all I need to do before Upgrading or reflashing.
    In order to get the update you need to reflash back to EI2 stock firmware, recovery (no CWM Recovery), and every single file in the firmware has to be back to stock for the update to work... This is a problem since no real "ROM" is available for the original stock image, so if you were lucky enough to have done a nandroid backup the first time you tried to root/ROM there are some options, otherwise process can be quite painful for the non-geeky. I would suggest trolling the forums at RootzWiki for the Stratosphere, there is a very large amount of discussion and development going on there with this device.
    Thanked by:
    xsky 
  10. #35  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Aggggg. Still no update. Did all the stopping services, change date (by the way it resets back to current) rebooted ... and still no update. Anyone got any ideas
  11. #36  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by drkelly8 View Post
    Aggggg. Still no update. Did all the stopping services, change date (by the way it resets back to current) rebooted ... and still no update. Anyone got any ideas
    Same issue. Even unchecked from using network standard date, the date will automatically fix itself. If the update is available, I'd love to get it. Or am I just SOL until my phone recognizes the OTA update?
  12. #37  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    If you head to rootzwiki there is a post with a deodexed rooted stock ff1 ROM, as well as a flashable zip for the ff1 kernel and to update the modems from ei2 to ff1. Hope that helps folks!
    "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. Sanity is the fine line in between." - Anonymous
  13. #38  
    2kchevy's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    My Wife got it last night it went to 2.3.6
  14. #39  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    This is going to sound really stupid, but I had the puzzle piece unlock screen before the update, and now it's gone and replaced with a stupid circle unlock. Is there any way to switch it back?
  15. #40  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    813 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    I would imagine it will be in the new Tweaked ROM, but I am unaware of a way to just add it back into the standard Rom.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  16. #41  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by anruiukimi View Post
    This is going to sound really stupid, but I had the puzzle piece unlock screen before the update, and now it's gone and replaced with a stupid circle unlock. Is there any way to switch it back?
    Same problem here. We may have resort to a 3rd party launcher and/or lockscreen.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Oooo, sounds like more things to figure out. I liked my puzzle pieces, they were less fiddly and more interesting to look at.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    hello all! this is my 1st post.

    i just did the update last night. i am at 2.3.6
    since then, com.android.setting crashes when i try to open usb settings. i definitely need this to mount the phone to my computer.

    i think it also crashes when i plug into usb (when it wants to ask what kind of connection to make.) i cant test that now because other than charging, it isn't reacting when i plug it into usb now.

    anyone have insight on this problem?
  19. #44  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by jagslap View Post
    hello all! this is my 1st post.

    i just did the update last night. i am at 2.3.6
    since then, com.android.setting crashes when i try to open usb settings. i definitely need this to mount the phone to my computer.

    i think it also crashes when i plug into usb (when it wants to ask what kind of connection to make.) i cant test that now because other than charging, it isn't reacting when i plug it into usb now.

    anyone have insight on this problem?
    You are definitely not alone. This issue was raised on the Verizon forums at . Bascially, I think you have to do a factory reset.

    Prior to doing that, here's another post (within a long thread dealing with this issue) that suggests a temporary fix:

    The update has appeared on my phone, and I'm going to install it in just a bit. I am so looking forward to it! lol
    Thanked by:
    jagslap likes this.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    I envy all of you who haven't received the update. I have not seen a single benefit yet for this update. The puzzle unlock screen is gone, the font when typing a text message is gigantic, annoying callback numbers are displayed in text messages, and it actually takes a while to figure out how to answer a phone call. I even contacted tech support asking them if I can uninstall the update, but they said it is impossible. Nice work, Samsung.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    @everyone with callback numbers
    Go into messaging, go into the menu, scroll down, and disable callback. That should work.

    In other news, sometimes my phone crashes and goes into a bootloop for a few minutes. Factory reset or replace phone?
  22. #47  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by kbuno50 View Post
    @everyone with callback numbers
    Go into messaging, go into the menu, scroll down, and disable callback. That should work.
    This makes it so that the callback number does not show for messages I send, but the number still shows for messages I receive. Thanks though.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    I don't do a lot of texting and I used the swipe/"Glass" unlock rather than puzzle piece anyway. But I have to say that I am still trying to figure out what this update fixed that was actually broken, along with breaking things that lots of people were happy with.

    BTW, we are not the first to lose our puzzle pieces: Droid Charge users had them taken away in an update in March, so I guess it's a universal phenomenon: .
  24. #49  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingmachine View Post
    I envy all of you who haven't received the update. I have not seen a single benefit yet for this update. The puzzle unlock screen is gone, the font when typing a text message is gigantic, annoying callback numbers are displayed in text messages, and it actually takes a while to figure out how to answer a phone call. I even contacted tech support asking them if I can uninstall the update, but they said it is impossible. Nice work, Samsung.
    Yea..I'm right there with ya...

    Scrolling wallpaper is gone too..I know not everyone will care about such a thing, but I still feel like an update just took away functionality unnecessarily.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: First software update coming soon

    Have the same problem, cant hook up my phone to the computer because it force closes usb settings!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B