Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: First software update coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Norse View Post
    Have the same problem, cant hook up my phone to the computer because it force closes usb settings!
    Try accessing the phone on the computer (using Explorer) anyway. I found that the error message on the phone was kind of a mirage -- I could still access folders and files.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Sounds like a factory reset is in order...

My stratosphere started crashing. Did a few resets, nothing.. Getting a replacement in two days

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I just did that, restored everything, but the default browser cannot connect to anything, (Firefox and everything else connect fine), getting out-of-memory errors
    on a few other things, rather not do another factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Sounds like a factory reset is in order...

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by ben.hath View Post
    I just did that, restored everything, but the default browser cannot connect to anything, (Firefox and everything else connect fine), getting out-of-memory errors
    on a few other things, rather not do another factory reset.
    Did it have any problems before restoring anything? If it did, then it I would do a second factory default, preferably in recovery, and try one more time. If the problems still persists, then you most likely need to get a warranty replacement.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Yes it did work before restore, but I'm not gonna go through another factory reset anytime soon. Everything including Firefox works fine, so I just parked the icon for the stock browser off in a mostly unused page. If there is anything I can do short of another factory reset, I'll consider it, but just that browser not working doesn't justify it to me.
    Thanks

Did it have any problems before restoring anything? If it did, then it I would do a second factory default, preferably in recovery, and try one more time. If the problems still persists, then you most likely need to get a warranty replacement.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Found it! (default browser not working) In another post in a different forum it was suggested that the proxy field be checked, and sure enough I found "WIFI_Sleep_Policy" in that field. I cleared it and all is well, now. Might also explain why I couldn't connect to a friend's WIFI even with the WPS feature.

acejavelin likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123