Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First software update coming soon

Looks like the Stratosphere will be getting its first update within the next few days. New features include face unlock, a photo editor, and the ability to take still images while recording HD video. If I remember correctly, the phone cannot currently record HD video... the camera is capable, but it has been limited the software. So is it possible that was updated as well? Or it could just be a mistake in the update details.

The update will also allow video chat with GTalk and improve touch screen response. Check out all the details here:

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: First software update coming soon

Confirmed on Android Police as well:

Let the mad dash to get back to stock so you can get the update begin!

Anyone gotten the update yet

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I got the update about an hour ago. Everything seems to be working well so far.

Still no update for me

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan5 View Post
    I got the update about an hour ago. Everything seems to be working well so far.
    Mine updated last night and it has really messed mine up. Voice texting isn't working, bluetooth won't work, about to remove battery and reboot. I am not a happy camper right now!

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by ritchmck View Post
    Mine updated last night and it has really messed mine up. Voice texting isn't working, bluetooth won't work, about to remove battery and reboot. I am not a happy camper right now!
    I would seriously recommend doing a factory reset. Anytime there is a major update of the operating system (which this appears to be) a reset to factory defaults is recommended and usually will clear up "weird" issues.

I got the update a couple of days ago. Works good! I tested gtalk video chat. Wifi seems to get a stronger signal.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

How do I check for a update? Still nothing here for my daughter phone

I haven't received one yet, and neither has my GF. It will pop up on your screen and notify you every half hour. At 53 mb, it's estimated to take 15 minutes of your life.

And I thought HTC was bad at updates lop

acejavelin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by medic673 View Post
    Anyone gotten the update yet

The update froze the wallpaper. It no longer moves with the icons when you scroll from screen to screen. Riuned my grear Maui pic.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by sleepeatplay View Post
    I haven't received one yet, and neither has my GF. It will pop up on your screen and notify you every half hour. At 53 mb, it's estimated to take 15 minutes of your life.
    You can also go to settings > about phone > system updates to check for it.

Is there a download link?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by medic673 View Post
    Is there a download link?

RootzWiki has the Update.Zip file, but it fails when attempting to flash manually, so you basically have to wait for it come OTA.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Mine tells me that my system is currently up to date. It will be great to see WI-FI connect more easily, though..

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan5 View Post
    You can also go to settings > about phone > system updates to check for it.

Mine also says it is up to date but still on EI2

Somebody mentioned in the Verizon forums that the updates usually take about two to three weeks to roll out.
    Here's the link to the installation instructions:

My wife's phone got the OTA yesterday. It rebooted automatically and got stuck on the Samsung boot screen with an exclamation point. It stayed like that for ~15 minutes and then she rebooted it by holding the power button down. It booted up normally, but the update didn't apply. It is now real sluggish.

I tried to update it again by manually checking for an update in the About Phone menu, but it says the system is up to date. Called Verizon and they said I have to wait for the OTA to go out to everyone before it will retry on my wife's phone. Guess factory reset is the only option I have right now.

Not very happy.

I used this method to force update. Worked on the strat

didnt work on mine.

i tried many different ways involving the google services framework, date changing, doing it mulitple times. finally it works when i forced closed google services framework ,cleared the data and rebooted my phone. when it came up, i checked system updates and there it was, downloading the update...
    sleepeatplay likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

That's what I did as well, and I did that 3 times then it worked. Installed fine, and I was hoping that the mail waiting indicators on IMAP accounts would extinguish if folder sync showed that the emails were read on a different device. The folders clear fine, the indicators stay on. Back to K-9 mail. That one works great. Email waiting indicators go off if IMAP mail is read on a different device upon sync.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchdarkice View Post
    i tried many different ways involving the google services framework, date changing, doing it mulitple times. finally it works when i forced closed google services framework ,cleared the data and rebooted my phone. when it came up, i checked system updates and there it was, downloading the update...

Still nothing here, making me mad lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast