First software update coming soon

soxfan5

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the Stratosphere will be getting its first update within the next few days. New features include face unlock, a photo editor, and the ability to take still images while recording HD video. If I remember correctly, the phone cannot currently record HD video... the camera is capable, but it has been limited the software. So is it possible that was updated as well? Or it could just be a mistake in the update details.

The update will also allow video chat with GTalk and improve touch screen response. Check out all the details here: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/27/samsung-stratosphere-to-receive-first-update-includes/

ritchmck

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the update about an hour ago. Everything seems to be working well so far.

Mine updated last night and it has really messed mine up. Voice texting isn't working, bluetooth won't work, about to remove battery and reboot. I am not a happy camper right now!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated last night and it has really messed mine up. Voice texting isn't working, bluetooth won't work, about to remove battery and reboot. I am not a happy camper right now!
I would seriously recommend doing a factory reset. Anytime there is a major update of the operating system (which this appears to be) a reset to factory defaults is recommended and usually will clear up "weird" issues.

ShadowAlpha

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the update a couple of days ago. Works good! I tested gtalk video chat. Wifi seems to get a stronger signal.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
How do I check for a update? Still nothing here for my daughter phone

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

cls_

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone got the OTA yesterday. It rebooted automatically and got stuck on the Samsung boot screen with an exclamation point. It stayed like that for ~15 minutes and then she rebooted it by holding the power button down. It booted up normally, but the update didn't apply. It is now real sluggish.

I tried to update it again by manually checking for an update in the About Phone menu, but it says the system is up to date. Called Verizon and they said I have to wait for the OTA to go out to everyone before it will retry on my wife's phone. Guess factory reset is the only option I have right now. :(

Not very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12