- 110 Posts
Hopefully there is a way. My wife has the Stratosphere and it really has been acting flaky for her. Flaky like apps freezing up and big time lag at times. I have the razr maxx and you can clear the cache by going into a pre-boot menu. Is there a way to do the same thing on the Stratosphere? My wife has very little patience for technology and want to keep her from throwing her phone out the window...
- 09-22-2012, 10:41 AM #2
- 353 Posts
Re: Clearing Cache
There isn't a clear-all-the-cache option on the Strat, I don't think, but you can clear individual apps' caches. If there are particular apps that are especially problematic, you could start with them. Go to the Home page, then Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Choose either Downloaded (probably best to start there), or All to include apps pre-installed on the phone. Select an app, and on the next screen there's a Clear cache button. (There's also a Clear data button, but that might have more drastic effects.) If your wife has no patience for this kind of thing ... well, either this will be a growing experience for her, or you will be her hero by fixing it for her.
- 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM #3
- 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM #4
Re: Clearing Cache
I think if you have the paid versions of Ultimate Backup (and probably Titanium Backup as well) can do it in a batch function... or you could try App Cache Cleaner or ES Task Manager, both have a way to clear cache in bulk, but the real cache you need to clear out is the Dalvik Cache, that would require some type of root access or a custom recovery like CWM Recovery.
- By chappo2000 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 10-24-2014, 02:10 PM
- By Lttlwing16 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 04-15-2011, 11:28 PM
- By kristi in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 6Last Post: 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
- By CypherMax in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 11-06-2010, 01:33 PM
- By CypherMax in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 14Last Post: 11-04-2010, 08:15 PM