1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clearing Cache

Hopefully there is a way. My wife has the Stratosphere and it really has been acting flaky for her. Flaky like apps freezing up and big time lag at times. I have the razr maxx and you can clear the cache by going into a pre-boot menu. Is there a way to do the same thing on the Stratosphere? My wife has very little patience for technology and want to keep her from throwing her phone out the window...

Default Re: Clearing Cache

There isn't a clear-all-the-cache option on the Strat, I don't think, but you can clear individual apps' caches. If there are particular apps that are especially problematic, you could start with them. Go to the Home page, then Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Choose either Downloaded (probably best to start there), or All to include apps pre-installed on the phone. Select an app, and on the next screen there's a Clear cache button. (There's also a Clear data button, but that might have more drastic effects.) If your wife has no patience for this kind of thing ... well, either this will be a growing experience for her, or you will be her hero by fixing it for her.
    Thanked by:

Dave is right. You have to clear the cache for each app individually.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

I think if you have the paid versions of Ultimate Backup (and probably Titanium Backup as well) can do it in a batch function... or you could try or , both have a way to clear cache in bulk, but the real cache you need to clear out is the Dalvik Cache, that would require some type of root access or a custom recovery like CWM Recovery.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket