1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy I feel like the only stupid owner of a smartphone

I have a Stratosphere and it's not taking a charge. I'm reading posts here and see it's not this me and people are giving advice as to what to do. The problem is I have no clue what they are talking about. Am I the only one?

Also, my phone never had an update and I don't know if that's part of the problem.

Default Re: I feel like the only stupid owner of a smartphone

Lots of people encounter mysteries when they first start to use smartphones, so don't feel like you're alone! I haven't had the overheating or battery issues, so I can't help you there. Perhaps if you could copy and paste in here the advice that is hard to understand, someone can clarify it. Or just reply to the thread with the advice and ask for clarification.

Another possibility might be, if you are a Verizon customer, to try their online forums, which tend to be populated by less-technical types. Go to to check out the threads there. You'll have to create an account there, of course, to post a question.

I'm surprised that your Stratosphere hasn't received an update. How recently did you buy it? If it's very new, I suppose it might have come with the update already installed. You can check for its presence by doing this: from the Home screen, press Menu, then Settings, then scroll all the way down to About phone at the end. Tap that, and scroll down to the bottom. If the last three entries listed there end in FF1, you have the update.