The one Strong point of the stratosphere

chase2hoop

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this weekend I has typing a text on the 2nd to top row of some bleachers at a football game. (I'd say about 50 feet up?) and my stratosphere fell into a bed of rocks below the bleachers. It still is functional! The extended battery didn't even dent. The screen did crack in like 3 places, but it dosen't stop the functionality of the camera on the front or back. I really don't like this phone because of internet connection issues I have been having lately, but I must say it is the most durable phone I have ever owned. I dropped my iPod touch out of my pocket onto a hardwood floor, and it cracked in two different places. I will be uploading pictures in a moment.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Cool! The Strat screen actually has a reputation for fragility in some circles. I've seen lots of complaints about supposedly inexplicable cracking (especially when having it out in the cold). I've dropped mine a few times, including onto a parking lot the other day, without damaging the screen, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. But to do a drop like yours and only have the screen crack, without wrecking functionality ... that's pretty good. You're saying the touch-screen still works, cracks and all?

chase2hoop

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Well... it was working the day I dropped it. On the crack in the central left area, the touch screen won't respond well to touches. Just around the intersection of the cracks works fine though.

chase2hoop

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually no case. My case broke from my phone's first drop onto the street pavement. (Pictures can be provided if needed.) But anyway, today the phone has lost some functionality... the screen is tinted green now. I am guessing due to a loose connection somewhere, but I'm no expert with mobile hardware. Just kind of good with the software...
Pictures in a few minutes.
Well actually no pictures... My dropbox is full and I am not in the mood to clean it out... Maybe at some other point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non