Stock Browser won't work with wifi

ssaslow

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My stratosphere recently broke and I got a new one through the insurance I had on the phone. The new phone with the stock browser works fine in 3/4g but won't connect to the internet when using wifi. I downloaded Firefox and it works fine through the wifi. Anyone else with this issue?

benhath

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Check your internet proxy settings under wifi settings, advanced. I found misc characters there after the upgrade. Upon clearing them out, the stock browser started working again.

My stratosphere recently broke and I got a new one through the insurance I had on the phone. The new phone with the stock browser works fine in 3/4g but won't connect to the internet when using wifi. I downloaded Firefox and it works fine through the wifi. Anyone else with this issue?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Check your internet proxy settings under wifi settings, advanced. I found misc characters there after the upgrade. Upon clearing them out, the stock browser started working again.
This is a common issue anytime a ROM is flashed to the Stratosphere, not sure why but it seems to be a common thing and has been since the phone was released... Even if nothing "appears" to be there, put in a valid IP address or DNS name (I used proxy.proxy.com), save and exit, then go back in and remove it and save and exit, always cleared up my issues with WiFi browsing. Of course, I just used the Maxthon Browser, always worked irregardless.

Steve Gulgas

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Verizon store and customer care couldn't fix this issue and so they sent me a new phone. I should have hit up this forum at the very start. At least I have a new phone though!

KatieSig

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
OMG, thank you so much. I have had this problem since Oct 2012 and yep VZW wants to do nothing about it. I tried the opera app and that didnt work much better.I never thought to get the firefox app, because I quit using firefox on my PC and Laptop and only use chrome now. So it seemed simpler to have everything on Google. Thanks so much for you post. I am now on my WIFI with firefox! I am getting a new phone in 2 months as well, I am sure your contract will be up as well. I like the qwerty keyboard but the galaxy with the keyboard seems to be not much diff than the Stratosphere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34