Is there any developer love for the Stratosphere

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I just recently picked up a Statosphere to possibly use as a backup phone for my Nexus. Other than root, is there any developer love for this phone? I would like to eventually put ICS on it because after using a Nexus, I don't think I can live without ICS or Jellybean. I did do some searching and found various reasons why no ROMS have been made, but was just wondering if anything had changed or if there is something I am missing.

Thanks

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is one good one out there but I am not sure that he is still developing it. Check out the strat section over on Rootzwiki. Unfortunately one of them have been developed in awhile and I think they are GB based.

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I will have to check that out. I was hoping for a bit more options for this phone. If I don't see anything that I like, looks like this backup phone will be going up for sale.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You should put the ad up now. My wife likes the keyboard on the Strat, and I couldnt talk her into a Droid 4(?) so she ended up with that one. Tweaked is a good ROM but that is about as far as you are gonna go. I do not even think that XDA has a forum for the Strat.....

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I still tinker a bit on the strat, but if ICS is your goal you are better off with another phone unfortunately. The recent OTA gave the phone a bit if an ICS feel, but it definitely is NOT ICS. Once I finish up a different project I plan on updating what I've done for the strat, but I'm regrettably slow so it'll be a bit. Its not a terrible phone, but there isn't much interest in it it seems (though I sure would like some company ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs