no stylish shock-proof cases?

jagslap

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
been internet searching for a few hours now.

i can't seem to find cool designs on rubber/gel cases for stratospheres. i can't even find a site that is offering many. there was one site with a ton of great designs but they all turned out to be skins, which seem completely unprotective.

i can't afford to pay the deductible again so i need to know my phone will be safe if i drop it, but at the same time, i don't want a plain-looking cases at all. i like 80s looking things and japanese-looking designs. but the motifs out there are really generic flowers or bling. there is a much better selection for iphones.

i've tried ebay and amazon. they both seem to have similar stock in this regard. plus a lot of the listings say "rubberized, hard" what does that even mean?

thanks, guys

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
"rubberized, hard" basically means hard plastic with a rubberized coating... with the sliding design there isn't a whole lot of choices.

I actually used the Seidio Stratosphere case with the holster, it is about $30 on Amazon: Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HR2SSSTR-BL SURFACE Case and Holster Combo for Samsung Stratosphere - Retail Packaging - Sapphire Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

I am actually selling mine, it is in like new condition (only used a month) for $15... I no longer have my Stratosphere, or I would still be using it and highly recommend the case.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever use the Seidio screen protectors? If so, are they better than the ones you can get at Verizon stores?
No, I never have, got a few laying around here for various phones though (4 smartphones in my family). For screen protectors I actually go back to the Verizon store for them, if for no other reason than they put them on for free even after you buy them when you want it changed. Can't speak for other Verizon stores, but the people at the one here can put them on perfectly in seconds so lately I have been getting them there.

Prior to that I had been using Skinomi TechSkin (or similar generic self-healing film) and it worked very well. Essentially it is a cheaper version of InvisiShield.