Serious Charging Issues Please help

chaosstockdogs

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This started last night, I plugged in my phone to the charger I use every night and it kept going in and out of charge then it would pull up 2 of my alarm apps asking what to use, then out of charge again.

Today that changed to just going in and out of charge till the phone died...when you turn it on it says it is scanning media devices it will find it then repeat the process till the phone is dead. But it only does this when its charging, or supposed to be charging. I have tried what seems like everything, clearing cache, clearing data, removing the SD card, restarting more times than I can count, and finally a factory reset. Still doing it.

Any advice is appreciated!

jrh4054

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try charging the phone when it's turned off. I never leave my phone off when charging. It charges much faster that way.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would try a different, known good 5V/1A charger first, if that works then you have a bad charger or cable... if the same result the most likely issue is a bad USB connector on the phone that is loose or corroded, clean it as best you can with air or something and if problem still exists it's probably time for a CLNR. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34