Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Serious Charging Issues Please help

This started last night, I plugged in my phone to the charger I use every night and it kept going in and out of charge then it would pull up 2 of my alarm apps asking what to use, then out of charge again.

Today that changed to just going in and out of charge till the phone died...when you turn it on it says it is scanning media devices it will find it then repeat the process till the phone is dead. But it only does this when its charging, or supposed to be charging. I have tried what seems like everything, clearing cache, clearing data, removing the SD card, restarting more times than I can count, and finally a factory reset. Still doing it.

Any advice is appreciated!

Default Re: Serious Charging Issues Please help

Try charging the phone when it's turned off. I never leave my phone off when charging. It charges much faster that way.

Global Posts
    1,150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: Serious Charging Issues Please help

I would try a different, known good 5V/1A charger first, if that works then you have a bad charger or cable... if the same result the most likely issue is a bad USB connector on the phone that is loose or corroded, clean it as best you can with air or something and if problem still exists it's probably time for a CLNR.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P