- 1 Posts
Serious Charging Issues Please help
This started last night, I plugged in my phone to the charger I use every night and it kept going in and out of charge then it would pull up 2 of my alarm apps asking what to use, then out of charge again.
Today that changed to just going in and out of charge till the phone died...when you turn it on it says it is scanning media devices it will find it then repeat the process till the phone is dead. But it only does this when its charging, or supposed to be charging. I have tried what seems like everything, clearing cache, clearing data, removing the SD card, restarting more times than I can count, and finally a factory reset. Still doing it.
Any advice is appreciated!
- 11-06-2012, 08:25 AM #2
- 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM #3
- 773 Posts
- Nexus 4 (Stock/AT&T)
Re: Serious Charging Issues Please help
I would try a different, known good 5V/1A charger first, if that works then you have a bad charger or cable... if the same result the most likely issue is a bad USB connector on the phone that is loose or corroded, clean it as best you can with air or something and if problem still exists it's probably time for a CLNR.Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T GoPhone (Personal/Stock KOT49H) / LG G2 on Verizon (Work/Stock)
Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- By captainsplat in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
- By erpa2b in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2010, 04:16 AM
- By ali.fazal in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 04-15-2010, 12:17 AM
- By jbg21 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 5Last Post: 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
- By oracle646 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 4Last Post: 12-30-2009, 08:03 PM