- 2 Posts
Cracked Stratosphere Screen
My daughter has a Stratosphere SCH-i405 and she dropped it the other day and the front plastic/glass part of the screen cracked. The LCD is find and the phone still registeres your touch and works with no issues. The only problem is the screen is starting to fall apart and when we changed out the screen protector, several small pieces were removed from the screen creating a small hole, but everything is still working.
I searched online and all I can find is the Digitizer & LCD combo packages for $130 or more. I am new to repairing phones and I have replaced broken LCD screens, but this is my first time dealing with a touch screen. I need to find out if there is a way just to replace the digitizer or the clear front screen without having to get the LCD too. Is the LCD and digitizer all one piece? Please point me in the right direction. I have found the disassemble and assemble video on YouTube, I am just having trouble figuring out if there is a way to repair the phone without having to buy a replacement LCD since the one I have is good.
I will add a picture to show what I am talking about. Any help would be appreciative.
- 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM #2
Re: Cracked Stratosphere Screen
http://androidforums.com/samsung-str...than-69-a.html before dropping any cash.
Also, do you have the Asurion insurance? If so, $99 and you can get a refurb... I always get it on every phone.
- 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM #3
- By Cyper in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 3Last Post: 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM
- By eshug1 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 13Last Post: 08-12-2010, 12:36 AM
- By chaosrecords in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
- By greydarrah in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
- By signey11 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 11Last Post: 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM