What are these keyboard apps?
Rummaging around in the Manage applications settings, I came across two apps called KeyBoardSlideUpCounter and Keytracer. Both occupy 0 bytes, and neither one has any data or cache. They both have very broad permissions on the phone, and no options to uninstall. I don't like the sound of them, but a brief bit of Googling suggests they may be just part of the phone's system. Anybody know what these are?
- 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM #2
Re: What are these keyboard apps?
Thanks! I hadn't thought of Swype (which I don't use). Neither of them seems to be actually running on the phone; at any rate, the Force stop buttons are grayed out. The function of the Counter app is pretty clear; I'm just curious who's doing the counting and why! I don't have a tone set for opening/closing the keyboard, and there doesn't seem to be a setting for that. I just wanted to be sure that some nefarious app-slipper hadn't slipped a keylogger onto my phone.
- By hoosiergal in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 9Last Post: 09-12-2012, 01:54 AM
- By walterwood44 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 14Last Post: 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
- By e1allen in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2010, 11:31 PM
- By wyzepro in forum myTouch 3G SlideReplies: 2Last Post: 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
- By DroBoy in forum Android AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-15-2010, 12:59 PM