Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What are these keyboard apps?

Rummaging around in the Manage applications settings, I came across two apps called KeyBoardSlideUpCounter and Keytracer. Both occupy 0 bytes, and neither one has any data or cache. They both have very broad permissions on the phone, and no options to uninstall. I don't like the sound of them, but a brief bit of Googling suggests they may be just part of the phone's system. Anybody know what these are?

Default Re: What are these keyboard apps?

Tracer sounds like it's used for the Swype feature even if not using it... Counter maybe helps relay if you have a tone selected for kb opening and closing...

Just guesses
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: What are these keyboard apps?

Thanks! I hadn't thought of Swype (which I don't use). Neither of them seems to be actually running on the phone; at any rate, the Force stop buttons are grayed out. The function of the Counter app is pretty clear; I'm just curious who's doing the counting and why! I don't have a tone set for opening/closing the keyboard, and there doesn't seem to be a setting for that. I just wanted to be sure that some nefarious app-slipper hadn't slipped a keylogger onto my phone.