Back up text messages

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I need to do a factory data reset on my wifes stratosphere. She absolutely has to keep her text messages for a lawsuit that is pending. Anyone had any luck with any of these "backup apps" in the playstore? I've seen a few, but the reviews are up and down. Just looking for a little help.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sms Backup & Restore is highly recommended. I've used it personally and it gives you the option to save online or to sdcard/internal storage. You can then pull the backup file off and onto your computer then restore it after the factory reset. Also has some great selective restore options so you don't have to restore everything if you don't want too.

It's free and works. No root necessary.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&token=JeViMf58

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Paul! That was quick too! I appreciate it. We both got Strats on our last upgrade. Mine was fine, but hers is really starting to act up. Super laggy, random reboots and on her texts messages, it will lose the contact name and just display the phone number even though the contact its still in her phone. I'm thinking a FDR its our only option at this point.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear. I've used it numerous times on my devices and the developer stays on top of it with constant updates.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Although it isn't a restorable backup, I use SMS to Text from the Play Store, it backs up your SMS messages to a standard, readable text file. You can backup everything, by contact, or other criteria and save them to text file on the SD card, then just copy them off or email them. Works very well and is super simple to use and is a good way to get a printable thread of text messages, to show a judge for example (I know someone who did this and it worked quite well).

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! SMS backup and restore worked perfectly! Exactly what I needed. I appreciate the input.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae