1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Stratosphere: Email stuck in outbox

I am using the email app that came with the phone. I have a message in one of my outboxes that I deleted but it still keeps trying to send over and over 24/7. The message is not visible because I deleted it, so I can't go into it to edit or re-delete. When I try to send all outgoing messages, all it says is Sending Failed : temporary server error, please try again later. If anyone could post a fix that doesn't involve deleting the email account, I would really appreciate it!!!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Default Re: Email stuck in outbox

It sounds to me that you should delete the email acct and then set it back up again and I am sure that will clear this issue. Only takes mins to set up an email acct again.

Or perhaps even easier, do Settings > Applications > Manage applications, find the e-mail app, and select Clear data. That should clear out the stuck e-mail.

What a clever fellow you are! My problems: stuck email and non syncing sent box fixed in two seconds!

Glad to hear it! I may need to print out your post and show it to my wife, who occasionally doubts my cleverness.

Airplane mode

Put your phone into airplane mode and you will be able to open the email in your Outbox....after you open it you can delete it!!!!
    Thanked by 2:

Thank you for the 'airplane mode' fix
    . It not only worked I didn't have to delete settings, etc if I did it the other way (above).

Had an email trapped in my Outbox. Used the Airplane mode fix and--voila'. Thanks.

mine was stuck too and still after I put it into airplane mode... but I took the battery out and tried again while still in airplane mode and it worked! yay thanks for the advice

Thumbs up Re: Email stuck in outbox

Thank you,
    I have been having this issue for a while and your
    Suggestion worked so fast.

That worked!

If in Airplane mode email does not connect at all. I get a message Connection error

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by andrikos View Post
    If in Airplane mode email does not connect at all. I get a message Connection error
    Ummm... yeah, that is correct. Airplane Mode disables ALL RADIOS in the device (Mobile Data, Voice, Text, WiFi, GPS, etc), there is no connectivity of any kind when in Airplane Mode. The idea is to toggle Airplane Mode on, wait a minute, then toggle it off and retry again, not leave it in Airplane Mode.

Airplane Mode is a little more unique than just toggling off individual radios in most devices... it actually unloads the drivers from memory, then toggling it off reloads the drivers again and often fixes off issues.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

I have the same problem. 3 Emails listed in my Outbox. All have been deleted. None of the solutions listed have worked; deleting the Cache, Airplane Mode.... Did you get a resolution?

I use hotmail through my Android. Recently all sent messages get stuck in the outbox. I do get updated mail in the inbox. All the settings are correct. Help!!

Lightbulb Re: Email stuck in outbox

From your e-mail app, click left navigator, go into the settings, and set the e-mail auto re-send to one time, once the outbox stops re-sending the email limitless, you can delete it once it fails one last time. Good luck!

I have a galaxy tab 3 phone and tablet..receiving emails but cannot send out..I am on flight mode and am in a wi fi area as I am away from my home
    Last edited by maurice preskow; 12-17-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

Airplane mode fix successful, thanks muchly,

I have a verizon Nexus that holds emails in the outbox that I thought were sent and don't want to lose. There's over 32 in there and I don't want to delete my account is there any other way to send them?