Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Default Re: custom recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog527 View Post
    thanks for the info,
    no worries.......have learned alot about this device readings your posts.......it amazes me how few transform owners amble thru here........it's an awesome device imo, truly responsive + stable w rooted ROMs.........am guessing users give up as soon as the device begins acting up, + the store is not able to help other than to replace w/ refurb'd............oh well................btw, did your battery respond after calibration?
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!

ROM
    MIUIv4

My battery must be ed up, I tried what you said and I cant get more than 9 or so hours without it being completely dead. oh well, i just live by my charger for the next 2 weeks. My contract is up dec 1 and this thing will be bye bye. I started 2 yrs ago with a moment, it kept locking up so I returned it about 8 times in 7 months, they gave me an intercept, same problems. I had that for about 1 month. and I've had this transform for a little over a year. Good phone once rooted, I think i am just having bad luck.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong I just want a phone that works and REFUSE to get an iPhone and become a sheep. I want a Photon, but there isnt much development for it. and after experiencing the whole rooting thing with this phone dont think i will ever go back. The guys over at SDX have converted me over to the "dark side"

As far as other Transform people, I think you are right, when the stock s up they give up and convince the sprint store to get them a new phone. I know I did for a while.

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

LOL, my personal illusion is that these devices should be running same as the ones that appeared in the movie Artificial Intelligence!!! however,...............yeah, i have a good year (thru january 2014) to be rockin this device, so am stoked that it's been performing so well so steadily well w/out incident..........the battery used to go 3 days w/out charge, then it started to last about 9 hrs, so it was always tied to the charger (car as well) ........then i rooted Vampirefo's rec + Joeseph Mother's crappy kernel + that problem went away...........so my theory is that w/ root the bloat vanished, the drain stopped..............this is the ONE thing that i don't care for in GingerBlurr: the S'zone + bloat DOES give your battery a run for the $, have asked for a no-CIQ script, we'll see.........on a different note, read somewhere in these forums, a post by Vampirefo, where he tells us that he has been using his old transform for hotspot w/ his laptop.......which is why i became interested in pursuing the wireless hotspot issue.........have been using wifi tether 3.1 beta 6 for a couple of days and it is very decent............so there's one more pitch for this little scrappy M920!.......am waiting to go see the Prime (or whatever they're calling it these days) which will be here right around the time you go in for your update, big screen, dual-processors...........something to look forward to when the devs get ahold of it!
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!

ROM
    MIUIv4

yea well, the nexus prime would be nice but verizon costs too much. I dont want to spend the extra 10 a month with sprint if I renew my plan. I'm thinking of going to Boost for a while. either try the transform ultra or the zte warp.

Do you still have to pull the battery every once-in-a-while cause your phone locks up? it seems like at least once a day my transform still locks up to the point that I have to pull the battery to reset it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

So I think I bricked my transform. I was messing with it a while ago, then I put it away. It was on seasonal standby through sprint, and now its reactivated. I think I messed up when i fflashed vapiros recovery through cwm. It stays on the Samsung logo till the battery dies, or you pull it. Ill have to look at the files on the SD card, but do you think its perm?
    Edit: Vampirefo
    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    MIUIv4

prolly not. you might want to go through the rooting guides over at sdx and try that. that may be your only hope.

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by macmccune View Post
    So I think I bricked my transform. I was messing with it a while ago, then I put it away. It was on seasonal standby through sprint, and now its reactivated. I think I messed up when i fflashed vapiros recovery through cwm. It stays on the Samsung logo till the battery dies, or you pull it. Ill have to look at the files on the SD card, but do you think its perm?
    Edit: Vampirefo
    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Bullfrog527 has given you good advice, you should do your research first w/ detailed instructions from sdx ...................you're in a soft-brick, this can be easily fixed: you need to download the SWUpdater program, + link to your PC using a microSD Cable + install the froyo DI11 stock file (this is where you should be careful as this is one of the few known ways to get a perma-brick)......once you've wiped your device back to stock using SWU, your phone will boot back to system.......sync your email, etc....once everything is fully functioning again, you can proceed to do updates (one at a time, separately, directly from your STOCK recovery NOT root) bringing your device up to EF09 baseline..........at EF09 you may then decide to root, if that is what you wish to do, but i would first perform the basic process up to baseline EF09 before going forward, it'll give your device much better stability.......................btw: what version of vamp's recovery were you attempting to load?

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Do you still have to pull the battery every once-in-a-while cause your phone locks up? it seems like at least once a day my transform still locks up to the point that I have to pull the battery to reset it.
    .............my device did this regularly, guaranteed every time went into the web ............put an end to this by flashing (via SWUpdater) Vampirefo_recovery3.1 + JM's Crappy_Kernel1.2...............not one lock-up since............i have to mention, tho, the best most stable this device ever has been was when i flashed Vampirefo EXT4 recovery over rooted rfs stock EB28 (then set partitions as 4/2/2: chache as 4, dalvik as 2, system as 2), the Transform was OFF the hinges!!! Super fast + Stable (w/ a capital S).

ROM
    MIUIv4

wow, I'll have to try that setup. i use the CWM recovery, its more simple for a dummy like me. i always had the order of the types of formatting wrong.

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

You should be able to run that script right from cwm: go into console press ok key then type cache ext4 then hit ok soft-key, then type exit then hit the ok key again............boot to system........or else in console you type ext4 ............ cache data system = all three ext4..........type rfs = all 3 are rfs.........hope this helps.
    Last edited by sonarchist; 11-22-2011 at 08:19 PM.

ROM
    MIUIv4

oh yea, i know how to format data/cache/system to the different types rfs/ext2/4. thanks for the info tho. CWM is different, there is a menu setting for filesystem conversion.

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

..........you have the order right, still: why the lock out?

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    You should be able to run that script right from cwm: go into console press ok key then type cache ext4 then hit ok soft-key, then type exit then hit the ok key again............boot to system........or else in console you type ext4 ............ cache data system = all three ext4..........type rfs = all 3 are rfs.........hope this helps.
    Lol.........Bullfrog527: you're right on the $, went to cwm5 (on Epic, other device) + it stipulates to NOT partition your sd card from recovery (or else weirdness).........ok......there went that theory!

So, all paths lead to Vamp ext4!

ROM
    MIUIv4

lol, i was just talking about how you have your file systmes set up. ext4/2/2. i was always setting them as ext4 or 4/2/4. its been running great since i switched to the 4/2/2 set up! thanks

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

lol, i was just talking about how you have your file systmes set up. ext4/2/2. i was always setting them as ext4 or 4/2/4. its been running great since i switched to the 4/2/2 set up! thanks
    December here again........looks like you are well on your way to photonland (gr8 device/whole other world!)........it's been kool werking out some stuff on this thread w/ you, thanks for the company............let us know how motorola werks out, am looking to see what happens in the next week or 2, have an option for an update, will be starting to look 'round 4 the answer...............need to move on to my next illusion ;-)

ROM
    MIUIv4

Yea, its been good talking with you here, i dont know when I'll upgrade. I'll always be around here and sdx checking in on the transform stuff. I am actually probably going to switch to a prepaid lg optimus for a little while to save some $$. if i were to upgrade my plan would go to 150 a month for my 2 phones. switching my wife down to a messaging plan and going to smarttalk prepaid we can cut our cell bill to about 100. it sucks but saving $$ is more important right now for me than having a kick *** iphone killer phone!

Ok, I flashed my transform to the "Vampirefo Transform Kernel and Recovery" but I'm not really sure how that has helped me. I want to try the transginger rom(or any thing that makes my phone fast & stable) but I need to know how to back everything up. I am checking out the free version of Titanium Backup but I don't think that is going to work. Also, when I was researching about flashing, I saw this:

You must create the following folders on your sdcard for most of these to work with vamp's recoveries.
    You can also use "File Browser" included in recovery to locate and select stuff (CWM recovery):
    Sdcard/sdx
    /sdx/backup (recovery's backup of /system or /data or both & SDX App remover files will be saved here)
    /sdx/updates (boot logo.png's and new recovery.rfs files to flash get put here)
    /sdx/zip ( .zips of roms, themes, & other mods get put here)

How do I do that? Sorry for all the noob questions but I don't want to mess my phone up. I am just trying to get my phone to run faster and stop rebooting all the time. I don't need the teethering app. Thanks for anyone's help!

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie515 View Post
    Ok, I flashed my transform to the "Vampirefo Transform Kernel and Recovery" but I'm not really sure how that has helped me. I want to try the transginger rom(or any thing that makes my phone fast & stable) but I need to know how to back everything up. I am checking out the free version of Titanium Backup but I don't think that is going to work. Also, when I was researching about flashing, I saw this:

You must create the following folders on your sdcard for most of these to work with vamp's recoveries.
    You can also use "File Browser" included in recovery to locate and select stuff (CWM recovery):
    Sdcard/sdx
    /sdx/backup (recovery's backup of /system or /data or both & SDX App remover files will be saved here)
    /sdx/updates (boot logo.png's and new recovery.rfs files to flash get put here)
    /sdx/zip ( .zips of roms, themes, & other mods get put here)

How do I do that? Sorry for all the noob questions but I don't want to mess my phone up. I am just trying to get my phone to run faster and stop rebooting all the time. I don't need the teethering app. Thanks for anyone's help!
    Everything Rooted-Transform can be found HERE:

.........tutorials, et cetera, everything

Using your microUSB cable, you can connect your device directly to your PC..........from your PC, navigate to your SD Card File (usually a temp d: drive on the PC) + create the SDX Folder, then inside this folder you create three other folders, naming them: 'updates' + 'backup' + 'zip' respectively............make sure to release the 'USB Mass Storage' as you navigate back out of the PC..............now you have the three 'empty' folders that you can download ROMs to (zip) or an Update (update) or else all of your backups (backup).............+ whenever you create a nandroid (a full backup) directly from your Vampirefo Recovery, it gets sent directly to your backup folder + if you ever need to restore your system back to a good ROM, you know where to find your Nandroid (inside the SDX/backup folder.)

Check out the above site for further details...........hope this helps.
    Thanked by:

Thanks sonarchist! OK, I created the backup files using my file browser...I then backed up my system & data and I can see the data & full .tar's that were created in the file browser. The link you gave is too overwhelming for me so I appreciate your help. I have done steps 1 & 4. What else should I do before I try transginger on crack? I just want a stable & fast phone. I am not looking for any new features really. Just texting, e-mail & phone, occasional GPS & camera use with a few apps. I am so tired of rebooting this phone several times a day. Thanks for the help!

My current about phone:

Android 2.2.2
    Kernal 2.6.32.9
    Build Vampirefo 2.10.lv
    Hardware M920.06

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie515 View Post
    Thanks sonarchist! OK, I created the backup files using my file browser...I then backed up my system & data and I can see the data & full .tar's that were created in the file browser. The link you gave is too overwhelming for me so I appreciate your help. I have done steps 1 & 4. What else should I do before I try transginger on crack? I just want a stable & fast phone. I am not looking for any new features really. Just texting, e-mail & phone, occasional GPS & camera use with a few apps. I am so tired of rebooting this phone several times a day. Thanks for the help!

My current about phone:

Android 2.2.2
    Kernal 2.6.32.9
    Build Vampirefo 2.10.lv
    Hardware M920.06
    It is always recommended to do the required reading Before you make ANY changes to your device, so I am assuming that you have familiarized yourself sufficiently to proceed w/ flashing a custom ROM at this point.
    Here's the easy the fast guide LOL

From your device navigate to the sdx developer's thread + download the zip 'TG on Crack' (it will dl direct to your sdx / download folder by default).

Next: BACKUP (1. SMS Backup + Restore.....2. Call Log Backup and Restore.....from Market), then:
    ...............power OFF your device,
    then 3-finger to launch Vamp's recovery.
    .........the rest is simple:

from recovery begin w/ these first steps (for a clean install of your new custom ROM)

Create a Full Backup of your current set-up, in case you need to restore it if anything goes bad w/ your install (sounds like you already did)..........next:
    1.Wipe cache
    2.Wipe dalvik cache
    3.Factory Data reset (TOTAL WIPE of DATA)
    next:
    from the recovery you navigate as follows, (selecting 'YES' to your choices + if you change your mind you hit the 'back' button to return to your prior selection if you need to reconsider).
    Install Zip fr SD Card
    Choose Zip fr SD Card (in your case TransgingerOnCrack)
    ...then go ahead + flash your custom ROM, allowing your zip file to complete loading (this could take up to 15 mins or more).
    ...+ finally: Reboot to System.
    next: ??? (restore SMS + Call Logs + email client et cetera)
    Finally: Profit!

Be patient w/ the minutes between every point in the process ........if at any point, there seems to be something wrong or error messages, just pull your battery out.......place you battery back in + 3 finger launch back to recovery.............start over again.

Any issues w/ Transginger on Crack, you will have to bring up on that thread........someone there will be happy to help you + give you support.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12