| || |
[Guide] How To Root Samsung Transform Ultra
Many questions have in come up on how to root the Samsung Transform ULTRA. Since in this forum, there is no thread on how to do this, I will show the process on how to root. This is written so even a noob is able to follow and understand the process. We were all noobs at one point!!!
To root the Samsung Transform Ultra 2.3.6
Even though these instructions are my own (from another
forum) the processes involved are not. I did not make
the programs involved but have been tested thoughly by
myself and many, many others. Please follow all
instructions to the "T". Any issues that arises is
99.9% from part or parts of the manual not followed
You will need this ----> Odin
and this -----> TransformUltra.ops
and this -----> build7
and this -----> tu_root
Download those first.
The last file: tu_root.zip needs to put onto the root of your sdcard. The rest to computer of choice.
(thanks to mavrikmeercat as I forgot this simple step)
You need to enable usb debugging:
Go to settings, applications, development, and tap on usb debugging. Usb debugging should have a check mark in the box now.
It is a good idea while your there to tap on "stay awake" too. This will enable your device to "stay awake" while charging or connected via usb to your computer. Some programs require the device to "stay awake" while programming, so it's just a good idea to go ahead and enable.
Power down phone..
1. Run the ODIN program you just downloaded.
2. Put your phone into download mode by pressing and holding the camera + volume down + power button at the same time.
You should see a screen pop up that states you are in download mode. Press the volume up button to continue.
Take cover off back of phone. Connect phone to computer via USB. Once connected pull battery.
3. On the ODIN screen you should see a yellow box appear in the COM Port Mapping (about 1/4 of the way down on the left) that shows you are connected on COM6 or something similar.
4. Below COM Port Mapping under Option you will see 4 options:
Reset Time (Sec)
Make sure the first (3) are checked and Reset Time (sec) is unchecked.
5. Below Option under the Debug Option you will see 1 option:
Make sure and have that unchecked.
6. 1/2 down on the right you will see "Select OPS".
Click the "OPS" button and find the file you just downloaded: TransformUltra.ops
7. On the bottom right you will see "Selet Integrate Package - Check One Package Option". Click "One Package" and find the file you just downloaded build_7.
8. Press start.
IMPORTANT!!!!!! Once the phone goes to black screen, unplug the usb cord from phone!!!!!!
Put battery back in and go into recovery. If you miss this step then you will have to start all over again.
To get to recovery:
1: Press and hold the volume down button
2: Press and hold the power button
3: Once the Samsung logo appears, let go of the power button.
Scroll down to "install zip from sdcard" - press power button
5 options will appear on next screen choose the first "choose zip from sdcard" press power button
Scroll till you find tu_root.zip and press power button
Scroll down to "Yes - Install tu_root.zip" press power
Let it finish.
Reboot and enjoy....