Are there any detailed specs on this phone yet?

crabjoe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
So far, I know this phone has a 3.5" screen, 4 row keyboard, non-AMOLED screen, aGPS, 3.2m rear camera, VGA front camera, 1500ma battery, Android 2.1, and a 800mhz cpu.

What I'd like to know is if it has EVDO Rev A, screen resolution and also why only aGPS? Is Samsungs GPS implementation that bad that they went with aGPS, or did Sprint request to have it neutered?

For $149, it seems like Sprint is out to ripe some people off with this phone....

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
it sounds more like a good price point for those that don't want to pay $10 extra a month for a service they can't use yet or won't be able to use cause its not in there area. I have an EVO and my wife has the HERO were looking at this cause there is no 4g were i live and there is no reason to be paying $20 extra a month if we don't have to just for 4g that we may or may not be able to use.. i think sprint is doing right and give the customers more options. 800mhz cpu doesn't mean anything bad look at the G2 it only has 800mhz and its still fast

crabjoe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't really have an issue with the cpu speed or the screen. Based on what I've read so fat, my issue is with the GPS. Lot's of apps use GPS and with aGPS, these apps won't work well, since it's assisted GPS. Even older phones like the Hero has a real GPS. Why did they gimp the phone with aGPS? Also, will this phone be neutered for data with EVDO Rev 0, like they did with the Intercept? If so, it's going to be one SLOW phone for data usage.

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
They are going with Rev. A, they aren't going for the Rev. 0 like the Intercept. And as long as the GPS works well with the Sprint Navigation, it should still be ok for most people, or at least for me.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What type of processor? Didn't the Moment have an 800Mhz processor. But it couldn't play most racing games. That's the ONLY thing stopping me from getting the Transform.

Also, will it support Flash?

Sorry if i sound pushy or something. I just really WANT this phone right away.

philby

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I believe its the same processor as the Moment, its definitely an 800Mhz from everything I've seen.

Presumably you will be able to put Flash on it (my Hero has a hacked version of Flash) but the question it how well will it run it with that processor? Flash runs SLOW on my Hero...just like everything else!

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
What type of processor? Didn't the Moment have an 800Mhz processor. But it couldn't play most racing games. That's the ONLY thing stopping me from getting the Transform.

Also, will it support Flash?

Sorry if i sound pushy or something. I just really WANT this phone right away.

The phone does have an 800 MHz processor, but I think it would be more updated than the Moment because it is a much newer phone. And since the phone will be getting Froyo, it should be getting Flash, because I think Froyo comes with Flash no matter what the phone.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The phone does have an 800 MHz processor, but I think it would be more updated than the Moment because it is a much newer phone. And since the phone will be getting Froyo, it should be getting Flash, because I think Froyo comes with Flash no matter what the phone.

Froyo is a requirement for Flash. You can have Froyo and not have Flash. The Intercept is getting Froyo even though it's processor can't support Flash.

"For devices with VGA screens, you?ll need a Cortex A8 clocked at 550MHz or more. For WVGA devices, you?ll need an A8 at 800MHz"

But the Moment and Intercept don't have a Cortex A8, so they don't meet the minimum requirements even if they had Froyo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz