Transform Video Chat / Other things

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I am REALLY considering getting the Transform for myself and my Wife. The Epic is out of the question. One of the big draws is the front facing camera on the transform. On samsungs website it states that it is perfect for video chatting. So far I have not been able to find an app that will allow this feature. I have tried Qik and Fring. No success in either. Qik stated they will have a beta out soon for other android phones, and transform should be one of them. Anyone have any luck video chatting on this phone?
Another thing is I have been told by a sprint rep that this phone CANNOT recieve android 2.2 because it does not have a 1ghz or higher processor. Only EVO and Epic have the ability to get 2.2 Does this mean that we are screwed as far as a software update? Or does it mean that we will get updates for android 2.1 as that version improves. Any thoughts on either issue??

berger1980

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I am REALLY considering getting the Transform for myself and my Wife. The Epic is out of the question. One of the big draws is the front facing camera on the transform. On samsungs website it states that it is perfect for video chatting. So far I have not been able to find an app that will allow this feature. I have tried Qik and Fring. No success in either. Qik stated they will have a beta out soon for other android phones, and transform should be one of them. Anyone have any luck video chatting on this phone?
Another thing is I have been told by a sprint rep that this phone CANNOT recieve android 2.2 because it does not have a 1ghz or higher processor. Only EVO and Epic have the ability to get 2.2 Does this mean that we are screwed as far as a software update? Or does it mean that we will get updates for android 2.1 as that version improves. Any thoughts on either issue??

I hate to say, but sprint reps are merely just salesmen. I spoke with someone within Sprint, and no one at Sprint knows until last minute. Transform will get 2.2, just a matter of time.

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I even called multiple people at samsung and they were TOTALLY useless. They had no idea what they were talking about. If it wasn't in the owners manual of the phone they knew nothing. I think they were in a call center in India. I guess we will just have to wait and see on the 2.2 update and video chat.

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Fring wouldn't work. Said you can't video chat due to limitations of the device. Haven't tried skype yet, but I don't think video chat is available yet for android skype. From all the research I have been doing it is just a matter of time.

Kromatik

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Me and my girlfriend were able to video chat using her Transform with the new Tango update. It isn't the best quality but at least it worked.

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Me and my girlfriend were able to video chat using her Transform with the new Tango update. It isn't the best quality but at least it worked.

What is the "Tango" update? I know there are code words for android versions. Which one is tango, or is that the name of the application you used to video chat? Thank you.

deraildoax

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Tango is a new video chatting app, I haven't tried it on my wifes Transform yet. I installed the hacked out Yahoo Messenger from the Mytouch 4G rom and it worked sort of. But for some reason the video camera was recording my face sideways while the other person showed up right side up. However it didn't work very good and crashed out soon after connecting the call.

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Transform and am REALLY wanting to try out Tango. Only problem is I don't know anyone else with it, and my wife doesn't have her transform yet. Would someone be willing to give me a call and try it out for a few minutes?? Contact me at firemedic371@comcast.net to swap numbers. Thank you!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463