Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TC

Default Sync Contacts and Calendar with Outlook?

Greetings,

I'm already running an Evo and use the HTC sync program to sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook on my PC.

Just picked up a Transfrom for my wife, and I don't see any applications on Samsung's site for doing the sync.

What is everyone else using to accomplish this?
    (And no, we don't want to put her calendar or contacts up onto Gmail as a solution)

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

There's a program called Missing Sync that may have the features you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Greetings,

I'm already running an Evo and use the HTC sync program to sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook on my PC.

Just picked up a Transfrom for my wife, and I don't see any applications on Samsung's site for doing the sync.

What is everyone else using to accomplish this?
    (And no, we don't want to put her calendar or contacts up onto Gmail as a solution)

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.
    I use software called Seven. You can sign up for the beta, and it's free. Email push, live ota contact and calendar sync. This service comes with some phones. I have used this for years with winmob, and am now using it on my Transform. I'm an IT admin that didn't want to purchase Exchange server push s/w for Android. This you can install on a server, however, I have it running on my work pc.

(Pushes any other mail you want to push also)

http://community.seven.com/main.php
    Last edited by berger1980; 11-10-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added link
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    TC

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    There's a program called Missing Sync that may have the features you're looking for.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, upon further investigation this program seems like trouble and a rip-off according to folks who have purchased it.

The Missing Sync for Android 1.4 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

syncdroid.net lists a wide range of Android-Outlook sync software.

If you want to avoid syncing your data to Google, try CompanionLink. We offer direct secure sync over USB.
    www.companionlink.com/android
    CompanionLink has crossed the 1.2 million download mark. We have the most advanced Android Outlook sync product for Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Categories, and Contact Photos. Choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support that our customers rave about.

Websites:
    www.companionlink.com/android
    www.dejaoffice.com

Default Samsung Transform and Exhange Outlook

Hi,
    I just purchased a Samsung Transform.
    The phone shows that sync is possible with a coorporate Outlook Exchange Account. However it doesn't do it. Then to make it even more frustrating, the phone syncs my contacts from that account but not my calandar. and then after 24 hours it shows a red sync symbol with a '!'

Is there any way to sync my Calandar and contacts with the Transform????

I have seen other forums mention purchasing a app for this - I'm not interested in purchasing an app when I just put out a bunch of $ for the phone.

I need my calandar!!!! Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by busmjm17 View Post
    Hi,
    I just purchased a Samsung Transform.
    The phone shows that sync is possible with a coorporate Outlook Exchange Account. However it doesn't do it. Then to make it even more frustrating, the phone syncs my contacts from that account but not my calandar. and then after 24 hours it shows a red sync symbol with a '!'

Is there any way to sync my Calandar and contacts with the Transform????

I have seen other forums mention purchasing a app for this - I'm not interested in purchasing an app when I just put out a bunch of $ for the phone.

I need my calandar!!!! Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I'm an IT pro, and I can tell you, we have been using Seven for about 4 years, (winmob before Android) and it syncs flawlessly, realtime. No clients have complained about speed, or lagging. It lags about 8 seconds from my desktop inbox. They've always been 'beta', signup, and try it, let me know what you thing.

SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

BTW-read the thread you're posting in next time, as this exact answer was given already.

Default Re: Sync Contacts and Calendar with Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by companionlink View Post
    syncdroid.net lists a wide range of Android-Outlook sync software.

If you want to avoid syncing your data to Google, try CompanionLink. We offer direct secure sync over USB.
    Android Sync Software - Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes -- CompanionLink Software
    Hello: Can you send me the code for discount on Companion Link?

Default Re: Sync Contacts and Calendar with Outlook?

myDesktop Companion
    This app support contacts, calendar SYNC but also
    - Contact and Calendar manager (to allow you to view, edit, modify, delete contacts and events stored on your PC)
    - File management
    - Photo/Video/Music transfer
    - SMS reading and sending from PC
    - Backup/Restore (contacts, calendar and files)
    - App installer (if you download apps from alternative stores)
    - etc...

Sync Contacts and Calendar with Outlook?-mydesktop_companion_welcome_pc.jpg

Oh... I forgot to say... It's FREE!