1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Default Looking for "duludu" sound from my Transform

My Samsung Transform plays this little "duludu" sound (kinda sounds like a police radio) and I want to use it on my other phone. I checked and this sound is not anywhere on the phone to select as a system sound or ringtone, etc. Just a little sound it plays, I think when it looses or goes into service area but not 100% sure since I very rarely hear it and it never happens when I have the phone in my hands. I swear an old motorola phone I had years ago made the exact same sound when it did that. Anyways if someone know this sound or can provide file I would appreciate it. BTW, I already searched on too many "download ringtones" websites and came up dry. Thanks!
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Anybody else know what I'm talking about? Know of any other phones that make that sound? Need some help finding it.
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.

Nooo idea...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Update: was playing around with it last night and while updating the PRL it loses signal and it played the sound a couple times as the phone's radio went off then back online. So it's definitely a sound it plays when the phone's radio loses signal. Now... how to get the sound file?
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.

Default Want to disable this sound

While mk3 seems to enjoy this sound I would like to find a way to disable it. I live in NYC and ride the subway frequently. This sound interrupts my music listening and other activities and it's one of those little things that can totally frustrate a person. Does anyone know of a way to totally disable this sound? Samsung told me there is no way because it's something that's programmed into the phone, but I'm hoping against hope that the Android market knows better.

i dont know how to get the sound file or disable it, but i DO know what sound youre talking about...for those that are wondering, turning the phone on/off of airplane mode can produce the sound

ROM
    Stock on most

I don't have the Transform with me to verify this is the right directory, but you're just looking for one of the default Samsung system notification sounds. Either use ADB or a file browser to copy them out of the system directory onto your SD card. They're located in /system/media/audio/notifications most likely. Not sure which one corresponds to the duludu, but you could just copy them all onto a directory on your sd card and find the right one.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I'll give that a shot, thanks for the idea.

[update] Not there. Only thing in there is some messaging tones. There are four folders in there: alarms, notifications, ringtones and ui. The sound is not in any of those.
    Last edited by mk3; 12-31-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.

Its is /system/media/audio/notificatuions/Voila.ogg
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Nope! That's not it. I went through all the files in that set of directories and cannot find it anywhere.

[edit] I recorded the sound with my Palm Pre . Can anyone edit the file to clear up the sound and make a little louder?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mk3; 01-18-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.