1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transform won't boot up

overall my phone works fine and i like it, but sometimes it starts to get very slow and laggy, and every thing I touch took 10 seconds or more to react. and sometimes it will freeze...i can easily tell when the phone is acting funny the performance is drasticaly different...Finally, i decide a soft reset is in order, I turn the phone off, removed the battery, waited, put the battery back in and powered it back on. The phone always took a ridiculously long time to start up, but now I get the Samsung logo, the status bar, the Sprint logo and then the Samsung logo again. Now eventually (after literally like 20 minutes) it will boot up and it takes forever for everything to load and after about 5 mins everything is working normally. Its gotten to the point when i am afraid to soft reset the phone because im not sure if its going to boot back up. I havent taken it to Sprint yet, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if any has any suggestions...

I had this problem once when I told Gmail to sync my whole inbox, which was about 2 gigs of emails. It is a space issue on the phone taking up too much space vs the required space for swap (I think). I had to reset to factory defaults to get mine fixed. However, if you can still boot up, try just deleting apps/voicemails/etc and not syncing too much in your email to free up some space.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply...im willing to try anything...the last thing i wanna do is start from scratch...i have my phone set just to my liking already!

I had this problem (still do) and finally figured out that if I keep the flash utilization under 90% (10%+ free) then it boots up fine. Also, installed the app called Startup Cleaner 2.0 which kills the apps that you don't want running at startup and that seemed to help too. The problem, I think, has to do with a watchdog timer; when flash is almost full or if you have too many apps at startup Android thinks the phone is not responding (since this phone is so slow) so it resets the phone. To get it to startup, take out the battery and the SD card, put back just the battery and turn it on. After a minute or two when it gets to a blank screen, touch the screen and see if you get any heptic feedback, assuming you had it turned on. I use pattern lock and was able to unlock the screen even though it wasn't showing anything. If it doesn't work keep resetting until it does! Once you're in, uninstall some apps and maybe remove some widgets... Hope this helps.
    I was ready to take the phone back to the store but I didn't want to loose all my apps and settings knowing that they will simply hard reset it! Hopefully Android 2.2 upgrade will fix this problem.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update for you guys...I installed the Startup Cleaner 2.0 and set it so no extra programs or process start on a reboot. Since i have done that i have not had any issues with the phone booting up from a restart...I'd say i have done about 5-6 soft resets since the install of that app...hopefully this was what the issue was, i'll continue to monitor it
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Had this issue again over the weekend...my battery completely died and i let it charge for awhile...after doing so, i tried to turn the phone on and it literaly took 30 mins to boot up, this of course after multiple self reboots
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

couple weeks ago i went through and removed ALL the apps i wasnt using, clearing alot of space up...since then i am happy to report i have had ZERO issues with the phone...i think it is a space issue, if you dont have alot of clutter on it, it runs amazingly better