Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default froyo 2.2

Anyone happen to know when the Transform will get the 2.2 update?

alucke

Hi, alucke.
    That is the million dollar question. I guess the better answer would be - when they feel like it.

its coming by the end of the year didnt you read the sprint press releases when the phone came out. DUH
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

did it say what year?
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    did it say what year?

LOL thinking anyone at sprint will give you specifics

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The transform runs sprint ID so it's very close to stock so sprint doesn't have to edit a lot for 2.2 the bad thing is...It runs sprint ID and how long will it take for sprint to get up and work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    The transform runs sprint ID so it's very close to stock so sprint doesn't have to edit a lot for 2.2 the bad thing is...It runs sprint ID and how long will it take for sprint to get up and work on it.
    They could release it without SprintID (I can only hope.) And then later send an upgrade for people that want it.

Sent using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by HPloco View Post
    They could release it without SprintID (I can only hope.) And then later send an upgrade for people that want it.
    All -1 of them. LOL
    That's the problem though. Sprint won't want the opportunity for anyone to not get the IDs.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Sprint ID is worthless to me. All is does is put useless stuff on my phone that takes up valuable space.

Default Froyo 2.2

As of the date of this posting (2/5/2011), Froyo 2.2 has not yet been released for the Samsung Tranform. I spoke with Sprint this morning, they have no idea when the operating system will be updated and they requested that I contact the Samsung website. The website wasn't very helpful at all. All I want to do is run live wallpaper on my phone. Does anyone know a way to do this w/o the Froyo update? Thanks.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

here's a link to a developer who has ported 2.2 from an intercept over to the transform. if you want to root your phone its possible

Transform - Development

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Even if/when the transform gets updated to 2.2 it most likely will not support live wallpapers. On a related note, live wallpapers will run really crappy on the transform. The processor is not good enough to handle live wallpapers well.