Froyo Update problems

Sean in Vancouver

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so my phone tried to run the update back when it came out (I think it was the last "scheduled" day of rollout), it froze, I had to pull the battery, then when it finally came back on, it said "Android is up to date" even though I'm still on 2.1.

I've been to my local Sprint "tech" store twice, both times I had to insist multiple times that the Transform (in general, not mine obviously) had indeed been updated, only to be told that they didn't have the software to put 2.2 on my phone. I also went to the Radio Shack where I purchased the phone from, incredibly the guy there actually knew what he was talking about, he owns a Transform himself, he tried to put in some kind of code thing (he said he had to use it to get his to update), but alas, it didnt work.

I've seen on this site, and others, people who've had similar problems have solved the problem by doing a factory reset. The only problem I have, is that I don't know how to do that, or what it will do to my phone. Can someone explain the process? And will that actually make my phone update????

sheeks

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine froze during the initial update. I took it to a store, and the guy tried everything i already did except for a factory reset and it worked. You will lose all your apps, but your contacts are backed up on your google account.

Sean in Vancouver

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I should update this

I did the factory reset myself, and once I get it all up and running corrctly, I checked to see if there was an update available, and it was already about 1/2 way done downloading it.

Now its all fully updated, and I really couldn't be any happier. Battery life sucked at first, but it did with 2.1 as well, so I downloaded Automatic Task Killer, and that has pretty much fixed that issue.

Regular Angry Birds still doesnt work, didnt before the update either, it loads, but parts of the picture don't load, and it goes so slow that its not worth playing. However, Angry Birds Rio works perfectly, also same as before. Maybe its just me, but Rovio sucks at updates. Got the orginal AB, it was great, they did an update, and it killed it, got AB Season's, they updated it and it killed it. Hopefully they leave Rio alone, lol.

Anyways, my phone works great now, I just have to figure out what app's that I had that I really need/want to get again.