- 30 Posts
Decided to try Root
my wife's Samsung exhibit has been acting up just randomly shutting down all the time. I had a Vibrant that was stock and not being used, so I decided to try my hand at rooting it. it took a little while, but I eventually found a toolkit on the XDA developers page that made it super easy! I had to go back to the stock ROM first, 2.1, and then I rooted it, and then loaded the last stable Cyanogenmod 7 on it. learned how to load the Google apps onto it and everything. it was pretty fun, and fairly easy after numerous attempts and getting used to the procedure. so, I moved her SIM card and 4gb micro sd card over to it and she's off and running and quite happy! anyways...thought I'd share. I'm thinking about loading it up with the stable version of 10.0. but first I want to learn about the titanium backup App.
- 06-27-2014, 12:10 AM #2
Re: Decided to try Root
I know this is an older post, but did you wind up flashing CM?
- By zagfan in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:31 PM
- By radioscott in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM
- By shin.andy in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM
- By nVmatrix in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2010, 01:19 AM
- By borgey401 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2010, 04:47 PM