Post your bugs/quirks/annoyances with the tablet

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
No issues with Wifi, but I'm noticing the screen flicker under auto brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App

You won't have a wifi issue until you connect to a network with multiple AP's.
As far as the flicker, I've never seen a manufacturer to get auto-brightness right. Just switch to manual.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You won't have a wifi issue until you connect to a network with multiple AP's.
As far as the flicker, I've never seen a manufacturer to get auto-brightness right. Just switch to manual.

Never seen that issue, we've got something like 15 APs at work, and I use two at home.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Major issue with wifi at work. On networks with multiple APs, same SSID and different channels, network constantly drops and sometimes just gives up.

I opened a case with Nvidia and they admitted it is a known issue and will be fixed in the next OTA update.

OTA update released today. I'm downloading now and will test tomorrow at work.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Major issue with wifi at work. On networks with multiple APs, same SSID and different channels, network constantly drops and sometimes just gives up.

I opened a case with Nvidia and they admitted it is a known issue and will be fixed in the next OTA update.

The OTA update did not fix the WiFi issue at work. I never had the issue with my LG G Pad with Kit Kat and none of the Apple devices have the issue.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The OTA update did not fix the WiFi issue at work. I never had the issue with my LG G Pad with Kit Kat and none of the Apple devices have the issue.

Nvidia sent me to Amazon as it had been less than 30 days. I received the replacement Friday. Same issue, if not worse. I have yet to get connected, with only the message "xxxxWiFi Saved, secured with 802.1x" Interestingly, my Samsung Galaxy S4 had the very same issue here when it came out, but was fixed in an update.

I believe I have made a mistake with this tablet. While I love to casually game, the majority of use for my tablet is used for work and organization. I need internet at work, but am dead in the water with this tablet.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Dropping and weak signals. More of an issue when I have the magnetic cover folded up to the back of the device.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Nvidia sent me to Amazon as it had been less than 30 days. I received the replacement Friday. Same issue, if not worse. I have yet to get connected, with only the message "xxxxWiFi Saved, secured with 802.1x" Interestingly, my Samsung Galaxy S4 had the very same issue here when it came out, but was fixed in an update.

I believe I have made a mistake with this tablet. While I love to casually game, the majority of use for my tablet is used for work and organization. I need internet at work, but am dead in the water with this tablet.

Reported back to Nvidia Monday that the new tablet was doing the same, if not worse. I was told that my problem was important (sure) and they were escalating to the 2nd level support for troubleshooting, which no one has done any of yet. Here it is Wednesday night and they finally respond that they don't need to bother with me and that more updates were to come.

So, they have yet to understand what the issue is and really don't care. I'm considering going back to LG. Their tablet was slower, but at least it worked.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
My issue has continued to be at work with PEAP and MSCAHPV2 authentication. Interestingly, it seems to connect automatically when I first arrive at work, then fail to reconnect after the tablet sleeps. (I do have it set for WiFi to turn off during sleep. Probably should turn that off and see what happens.)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
(I do have it set for WiFi to turn off during sleep. Probably should turn that off and see what happens.)
Yeah I would turn it on. As well as Android manages battery life with this option turned on you shouldn't see any big drop in battery life by doing so. Plus you will have any new notifications waiting for you instantly when you wake it up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Reported back to Nvidia Monday that the new tablet was doing the same, if not worse. I was told that my problem was important (sure) and they were escalating to the 2nd level support for troubleshooting, which no one has done any of yet. Here it is Wednesday night and they finally respond that they don't need to bother with me and that more updates were to come.

So, they have yet to understand what the issue is and really don't care. I'm considering going back to LG. Their tablet was slower, but at least it worked.
I would be interested to hear more about your interaction with NVIDIA support if you were to PM me more details.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've documented previously in this forum my WiFi issues on the network at work and some lagginess when waking from sleep. Now I've experienced a completely whacked screen twice while watching Hulu and once when attempting a Hangouts video call. The whole screen goes berserk with goofy patterns and colors. Then capacitative buttons don't worry (or if they do the screen doesn't change so I can't tell). My only recourse has been to hold down the power button until it restarts.

Anyone have a thought about what is going on? Fortunately I do neither of those things frequently, tho I can't be sure it's really app specific since it's only happened 3 times.

One possibility is that I have a bad unit...Haven't contacted NVIDIA yet.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've documented previously in this forum my WiFi issues on the network at work and some lagginess when waking from sleep. Now I've experienced a completely whacked screen twice while watching Hulu and once when attempting a Hangouts video call. The whole screen goes berserk with goofy patterns and colors. Then capacitative buttons don't worry (or if they do the screen doesn't change so I can't tell). My only recourse has been to hold down the power button until it restarts.

Anyone have a thought about what is going on? Fortunately I do neither of those things frequently, tho I can't be sure it's really app specific since it's only happened 3 times.

One possibility is that I have a bad unit...Haven't contacted NVIDIA yet.

Sounds like a bad unit to me. Perhaps a contact with NVIDIA is necessary.

warmonked

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm really disappointed by this tablet. As others have mentioned the WiFi is poor.

I've also had issues with battery life. I think I've managed to solve this by going into airplane mode to completely disable the LTE radio and by removing the Facebook messenger app. Why this tablet can't seem to manage those two functions, I don't know.

The biggest issue by far to me is the lag. Just using other tablet for web browsing is a horrible experience. Pages load extremely slowly, and buttons suddenly become unresponsive (the capacitive buttons and even the power button). My two year old android phone runs chrome better than this. If 30 days had not just passed since this was shipped, I would absolutely return this.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You guys who have issues with your device should really contact Nvidia. When my 16gb version was cracking, they sent me a 32gb as a replacement, even before they asked me to send in my original device. Customer service and satisfaction were priorities for them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca