Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root, Sixaxis with ps3 controller?

So I ordered my shield, it should be on the way soon.. has anyone tried rooting, then using Sixaxis and a dualshock 3? Or does anyone else have any viable controller options since the controller is usually backordered and a staggering $60...? Can't find anything on this but I'm surprised more people aren't looking for these kind of options.

Default Re: Root, Sixaxis with ps3 controller?

Yes, it works. I rooted with towelroot, installed sixaxis, paired my ps3 controller, and bam!!!! It was off without a hitch 😁
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by danomat1073 View Post
    Yes, it works. I rooted with towelroot, installed sixaxis, paired my ps3 controller, and bam!!!! It was off without a hitch 😁
    Prefect!! So glad someone else has done this!! And you rooted with the same process I was planning on. Love it! How does it operate for you? Any issues whatsoever?

I'm also interested in giving this a shot, I would hate to have to go buy a controller when I have PS3 controllers laying around
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah that should be a bundled item.. $60 is just ridiculous. At least have an option for original shield portable owners to use those as controlling devices.. That's something else I'm going to have to try
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by joshthehitman View Post
    Prefect!! So glad someone else has done this!! And you rooted with the same process I was planning on. Love it! How does it operate for you? Any issues whatsoever?
    No issues, works great. Funny thing is I'm still gonna use the shield controller since I got it. Just wanted to test out the ps3.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Awesome. Thank you!

Does the ps4 controller work as well with root?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So I got this working no problem, but I have another idea.. could one get the original shield portable to work as the controller for the shield tablet? It would be perfect as one could easily secure the shield tab onto the controller. It'd be like a sweet huge screened, k1 processing shield portable. Any ideas on how to do that?