What's the point of the shield tablet?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Speed and graphics performance are much better. Larger screen. Much better speakers.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Let's not forget that there are tons of Tegra 4 and K1 games that normal phones and tablets can't play at all.
Download the tegrazone app to see what you are missing.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
What are you even talking about? This tablet smoked every tablet on the market in Anandtech's in depth benchmarks. Battery life and display brightness leave something to be desired though

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not only gaming but high end specs without the high end price. $299 for a tablet vs about $450 for the Samsung Tab S 8.4. You choose which one you want to spend your money on. Both have a HD screen, microSD, high end processor, similar screen size, and running the latest Android.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There is a even more reasons to check out the Tegra Shield Tablet especially if you have a GeForce GTX-powered PC. You can do awesome things like stream games from your GeForce GTX-powered PC and play them on the SHIELD tablet with NVIDIA GameStream[SUP]™[/SUP] technology. Plug into your TV, switch to console mode, and play your games on the big screen. You can also seamlessly record your greatest gaming moments or stream your game action to Twitch as you play with NVIDIA ShadowPlay.

For the average to the extreme gamer this adds more depth and experience to what is already an unbelievable experience.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Not only gaming but high end specs without the high end price. $299 for a tablet vs about $450 for the Samsung Tab S 8.4. You choose which one you want to spend your money on. Both have a HD screen, microSD, high end processor, similar screen size, and running the latest Android.

And no Touchwiz!

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Even without the gaming, the tablet rocks just as a tablet. It chews through everything I throw at it with decent batter life, a nice screen and the best on device speakers I've used to date. It's an upgrade to my GN8 in every single category except for the stylus. The GN8's stylus is better, but the Shield's is no slouch and does what I need it to in most cases.

Now if they'd only get their damn accessory supply chain issues sorted out.

Thrutian

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
You're basically asking what the point of a tablet is. The SHIELD tablet is just a tablet... with a very good cpu/gpu (plus a few features for gamers).
If you are asking this question you probably don't have any need for a tablet at all.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
And no Touchwiz!

I forgot about that too. One less thing to hog up resources. Price, specs, less bloatware, and more gaming accessories.

Can't beat that.

And one more thing, unlike Samsung, a new shield tablet will not be released a month later.