PDF annotation on Shield Tablet?

chef91

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am currently considering a few small-medium sized tablets and I want something that I can use to annotate pdfs on easily. I'm looking for something quite affordable, so iPad Mini 2 or Shield Tablet fit the budget quite well, and a bit bigger than a Nexus 7, since I have the original and it's a bit too small to read full lecture slides on. I've seen that there are some much better capacitive styli lately, but you need to invest a good £30-60 to get one, so I find the Shield Tablet a pretty compelling option. My question is, has any of you guys tried annotating and reading pdfs on a Shield? If so, how well does it work? Much latency? I've only seen a very quick demo on Adobe Reader on a promo video from Nvidia, so of course they'll praise it.

Thanks a lot!

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
You know, I tried with Adobe and found it clunky. I didn't try very hard, but saving annotations is not intuitive with the app. Can't blame the stylus or tablet, tho.

Can you recommend an app to try (or how to make Adobe work properly!)? I could try out the type of stuff you'd want to do and let you know. I'd like to know how to do it right anyhow.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Try evernote, it allows annotaion of pictures, and pdfs, but I don't know if that's a "premium" feature. I think google docs allows annotations aswell, let me check if it works with the stylus.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip--I use Evernote all the time for note-taking, but sort of forgot about Skitch, which you need to install to annotate PDFs. Just tried it out and it looks promising.

AlanP

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey Andy -- I'm also contemplating getting a SHIELD Tablet to use for annotating PDFs and I'm wondering what you found. I've tried Skitch before, though not with the SHIELD and its stylus. I really liked Skitche's interface and fluidity, but was frustrated that it wouldn't let me save annotated PDFs locally, forcing me to use Evernote storage for them. What's your experience been?

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Alan, I'm afraid I haven't done anything else with it. If I get a chance I will fire up Evernote on PC to see if I can extract the PDF from Evernote. But I sort of doubt Skitch will export PDFs directly.

romjae

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to use adobe lately too with some difficulty. I can't seem to do much of anything other than view pdfs and type in comments. The find word feature doesn't even seem to work. Anyone else find that issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non