Lollipop ( Android 5.0 ) coming to Shield Tablet on November 18th!

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually a bit worried about this. On the one hand I'm excited, but on the other, I play a lot of Squaresoft games, and to this point they haven't been ART-friendly.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually a bit worried about this. On the one hand I'm excited, but on the other, I play a lot of Squaresoft games, and to this point they haven't been ART-friendly.

The ART in lollipop is backwards compatible, so it shouldn't be an issue!

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Someone should do a mini review once you update
I will be sure to post my thoughts on the update once I receive it. I will say after updating my Nexus 7 (2012) which uses the Tegra 3 SoC from NVIDIA I am very pleased with what new life it has given my Nexus 7.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The ART in lollipop is backwards compatible, so it shouldn't be an issue!

And it is going to be only a matter of time that all developers are going to have no choice but to support ART fully if they want to stay competitive or be left behind.

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow, it's kind of awesome how all these devices are getting the updates so quick. Heck, this thing is probably gonna get the update faster than my N5.

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If anyone has downloaded the update yet how is the wifi connectivity? I keep hearing people talk about wifi issues but I'm wondering if that is overblown at all. Also I'm interested in if the update enables a knock to wake feature on it or not. Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get the update? I heard it started rolling out today a day early

Not that I'm aware of.

If anyone has downloaded the update yet how is the wifi connectivity? I keep hearing people talk about wifi issues but I'm wondering if that is overblown at all. Also I'm interested in if the update enables a knock to wake feature on it or not. Thanks
No the knock to wake feature is not included from what I know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech