Visit site
Re: SHIELD GRID Game List

New releases for 12/16/14

Lego Lord of the Rings & Lego the Hobbit

toonzizhere

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Lots of Lego games ;) good for the kids, but I'm hoping (and fully expecting really) some games that are more "current" ports. I don't have a compatible GPU to stream games, and was hoping to use this as a console replacement. I know it's up to the game developers to do the work to get their games on Grid, but it will be cool to see what comes out over the weeks! I doubt we'll ever see truly current games, they want the money from xbox/ps4/cpu buyers, but hopefully we get closer as time passes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

New releases for 12/23/14

F1 2010

Dirt Showdown

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

New on the GRID for 12/30/14

Overload II

Minions are cool. Gru uses them to hatch his nefarious plans in Despicable Me. Sauron wields legions of Orc minions in his efforts to rule Middle-Earth in The Lord of the Rings. And now, courtesy of#GRIDTuesday, SHIELD owners have their own minion army to command in Overlord II.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

New on the GRID for 1/6/15 :

Burn some rubber in GRID 2....

Burn rubber and dodge squirrels as you compete in the World Series of Racing in GRID 2, the latest #GRIDTuesday addition to the NVIDIA GRID Game Service, which is available exclusively to SHIELD owners.

Not only is GRID 2 one of the most visually impressive racing games you’ll find, it’s also one of the most fun to play thanks to game mechanics and handling characteristics that strike a pleasing balance between arcade and simulation. This accessibility is a major reason why GRID 2 enjoys a four-star average rating on MetaCritic. Of course, if you’ve already played Race Driver GRID—also available in the GRID Games library—you already know you’re in for a treat.

And yes, you will see the occasional squirrel dart across the road as you compete against the world’s best drivers in a variety of events such as Race, Time Attack, Drift, Eliminator, and Vehicle Challenges. Squirrels are just one of the many visual details that add to GRID 2’s lush, realistic settings that span the globe from the U.S. to Europe and Asia. And no, try as you might, you can’t hit them. (We tried so you don’t have to.)
GRID 2 includes dozens of cars from some of the world’s biggest names such as Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, McLaren, and Jaguar. You start out with access to only a few, and must earn the keys to more through your racing skills. So grab your SHIELD, start your engine, and start unlocking cars already!

To play, just navigate to the GRID Games menu inside the SHIELD Hub app, select GRID 2 from the list of available titles, and enjoy.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

New for the GRID on 1/13/15:

This week’s #GRIDTuesday release is LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7, which lets you relive the final three books and four films of the Harry Potter series in classic LEGO-style. And that means plenty of humor, puzzle solving, brick-building, and family-friendly combat are now just a button press away on your SHIELD device.

Based on the books and films named above, LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 puts you inside some of the series’ most notable locations including Privet Drive in Little Whinging, Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, and the Ministry of Magic, where there are scads of secrets to uncover and more than 80 playable characters to unlock.

Play, fight, and explore your way through 24 story events and even revisit Hogwarts where you can attend 16 different lessons to learn new charms and spells, which you’ll need to survive the epic showdown with “He Who Cannot be Named”.

Along the way you’ll be entertained by the liberal amounts of humor that has been woven into the fray, which is one of the hallmarks of any LEGO game and one of the reasons the game scores four out of five stars on MetaCritic.

To play, just navigate to the GRID Games menu inside the SHIELD Hub app, select LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 from the list of available titles, and enjoy.

Source:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ry-potter-years-5-7-to-nvidia-shield-devices/

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

New on the GRID for 1/27/15:

MX vs ATV Remix

Old school racing/off road junkies.. Its time to get excited :) I know I got a ton of hours logged into this on old school consoles, might have to eat some more dirt and grab on tight to those handlebars once again !

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a fantastic little game. I highly recommend it. The control scheme and puzzles are enjoyable and creative. The art is beautiful. It even packs in some genuinely emotional scenes, despite having no intelligible language.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
New on GRID 2/17/15 : Saints Row IV & more!

You want more AAA games and NVIDIA is listening! We’re making Saints Row IV available to play immediately on NVIDIA SHIELD, kicking off the release of a trio of popular titles over the next two weeks.

Saints Row IV is the sequel to one of the most popular games right now in the GRID Games library, Saints Row: The Third, so we’re confident you will enjoy it. The game carries an 86 on Metacritic, and PC Gamer’s Rich McCormick called it “One of the most fun videogames I’ve ever played”. You play the leader of the Third Street Saints, a street gang that’s won control of the city. You’ve also been elected President of the United States, and you’re faced with dealing with a catastrophic alien invasion

Then, we’ve got two more incredible games lined up for the next two #SHIELDTuesdays: Alan Wake on 2/24, and Metro: Last Light Redux on 3/3. Collectively, these titles have garnered more than their fair share of Game of the Year and Editor’s Choice awards for gameplay innovations, visual achievements, and more. And soon you can experience them all for yourself on your SHIELD device of choice.

Sources: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...on-nvidia-shield-trade-/post/4464254/#4464254

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
New games added recently to the GRID :

Dead Island Riptide

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I remember Giana sisters from my Amiga in the 1980s... It was a great game in its day. Glad to see it is still around, grid is a great way to check it out...

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Got the controller and am just figuring it out. Grid games seem promising, tho my Internet connection was inconsistent on a Sunday night so occasional lag. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter seems pretty nice--beautifully designed. Will be fun to try out some Android games with it as well.